Interested and Qualified Candidates, please submit resume and letter of interest to:
Sierra Olney| email@example.com |617-247-0505
Committed to excellence in both investment performance and operations, the firm was founded over 45 years ago and has earned a reputation for integrity, creativity, and excellence, making it one of the premier real estate investment, development, and management firms in the Eastern United States. Headquartered in Boston and with offices in New York and Pittsburgh, the company has a team of 100+ dedicated professionals who have invested more than $9 billion in gross asset value through real estate equity, debt, and fixed-income securities. A unique combination of capital markets, development and management expertise allows this team to nimbly tackle complex opportunities. Directly, and with its valued partners, our client has owned and managed approximately 28 million square feet of commercial space and 11,000 residential units. The firm invests in life science, multifamily, industrial, storage, office, hospitality, and retail among other property types.
Our client believes their most valuable asset is their people. They strive for excellence in all their pursuits and take pride in maintaining a collaborative and career enhancing experience for their employees.
This Associate, Asset Management will help to drive the financial performance and asset management needs of the for-sale and rental residential assets of the firm.
This position will help support the team in providing analytical oversight of their residential portfolio. The select individual will assist with business plan execution of residential assets within our client’s portfolio. This position will be responsible for an array of tasks ranging from financial analytics to market research, focusing on value creation through diligent management and oversight. The Associate will report to the Senior Vice President, Asset Management and will collaborate with employees across the firm, and their third parties (joint venture partners, property managers, leasing brokers, attorneys, consultants, tenants, vendors).
This role is viewed as a catalyst (on a growing team) in helping to grow and institutionalize our client’s multifamily platform.
• Manage properties across full asset life cycle with an ownership mentality, focusing on value creation through diligent management of approved business plans.
• Analytical and due diligence support as requested by Investments, Finance and Development Teams.
• Work within the team to develop budget projections and coordinate reforecasts and other reports as applicable.
• Primary person responsible for the analytics of the investment which include updating quarterly fund financial projections and Fair Market Values. Focus on meeting budgeted operational performance and recommend adjustments to meet goals.
• Ensure consistent and meaningful communication and coordination among stakeholders. Specifically, be an active participant and help support the broader Residential Vertical activities and data collection.
• Deliver routine updates to senior professionals regarding project status.
• Alert team members to issues as they arise and work with the team to evaluate and implement solutions.
• Develop and execute value-enhancing initiatives spanning redevelopment, renovation, property management, leasing, and reporting.
• Help to oversee third-party relationships with property managers, joint venture partners, vendors, select tenants, and counsel.
• Management and analytical oversight of third-party team’s execution of extensive property renovation programs.
• Fund/portfolio management information and analysis, and Investor quarterly and special reports.
• Various fund management and administration activities including coordinating roll-up of property financials to portfolio level.
• Effective written and verbal communication with property staff, internal and external funds management and administration, and Client management. This includes effective communication both oral and written to Investment Committee.
• Cash management - capital calls/distributions.
• Regular travel to the properties.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ real estate experience, with a preference for experience within the multifamily asset class.
• Understanding of multifamily industry (supply/demand, revenue and expense drivers, forecasting, reporting, leasing, and marketing).
• Proficiency in Excel and Argus, with a strong preference for proficiency with multifamily operational software including Yardi, Entrata and/or RealPage.
• Ability to solve practical problems and manage multi-variable situations with limited standardization.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with acute attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
• Experience managing complex capital/redevelopment projects for an ownership group preferred.
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently.