Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-274-0505
Atlanta, GA (preferred) or Los Angeles, CA
Our Southeast based client is a national real estate investment company that combines the infrastructure and abilities of an institutional investor with a best-in-class team of real estate operations professionals. Their core focus is to acquire multifamily properties that exhibit attractive long-term investment characteristics and improve the performance of these properties by deploying hands-on value creation strategies. Our client’s core strategy includes Investment Management, Property Management and Construction Management.
The newly created position of Associate, Capital Markets you will support and manage new capital partnerships, new investment platforms and vehicles, and corporate-level investments. This individual will work on complex financial partnerships in a high-paced, challenging environment. The position reports directly to the Senior Managing Director of Capital Markets and Investments.
• Capital Markets – review of equity and debt term sheets, discuss modeling, research, due diligence and underwriting with capital providers, and monitor loan provisions and compliance with loan and equity reporting requirements, etc.
• Develop and nurture relationships with private and institutional developers, owners, investors, lenders, and service providers to promote our client’s platform
• Investment Package Preparation – create investment packages for all development and acquisition projects for presentation to equity and debt providers, create and update corporate presentations, etc.
• Work in conjunction with investment teams on capitalizing on new investments and new platforms, including the preparation of excel-based models, PowerPoint pitch decks, and investor presentations
• Originate and manage marketing, negotiation, and closing of real estate debt placement or structured finance assignments on behalf of commercial property owners
• Contribute to our client’s proprietary database by submitting notes regarding investor or lender investment objectives or programs
• Conduct research on markets, companies, assets, and trends in residential real estate
• Monitor market activity on a daily basis and maintain a database of investor activity by utilizing platform tools and subscriptions
• Conduct investor research and outreach and maintaining various databases on the investor, equity, and debt activities
• Prepare proposals and memoranda featuring a customized economic, market, and area overviews, as well as site-level specifics
• Use the company’s financial modeling tools to analyze and project debt/equity sensitivity
• Facilitate due diligence processes
• Lead and participate in proposals and presentations
• 2 + years of relevant experience (investment banking, capital markets, consulting, REPE, etc.)
• Four-year college degree or university program certificate preferred
• Experience with real estate and transactions
• Strong analytical aptitude with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and product solutions
• Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills; able to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficiency in excel modeling and PowerPoint presentations
• Able to travel from time-to-time (but not extensively)