Interested and qualified candidates please contact:
Ellen Haber, Managing Director, email@example.com; 917-842-0328
New York, NY
Our client is a Manhattan based, privately controlled, global real estate operating company founded in 1991.
The firm has a long-standing reputation for successful investing and owning and managing some of the most
prestigious properties in the world. Their current portfolio of real estate consists of world-class commercial
and residential real estate, including many signature office towers, ultra-luxury condominiums, 5-star hotels
and high-street retail. While anchored in New York City, the domestic portfolio also includes assets located in
Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, and the expanded New York City metropolitan area. The company
takes much pride in its unique combination of European sophistication and American ingenuity. The team
includes over 185 employees in the US and Europe. The team leads the industry in investing, developing,
leasing and managing world-class properties.
The Equity & Debt Capital Markets Associate will serve as the primary analytical and strategic support for the
Heads of Equity and Debt Capital Markets in their roles soliciting equity and debt capital sources and closing
real estate acquisition, refinancing and recapitalization transactions. Debt capital sources include foreign and
domestic banks, CMBS lenders, insurance companies, debt funds, private equity funds, hedge funds, pension
funds, sovereign wealth funds and other specialty lenders. Equity capital sources include foreign and domestic
pension funds, endowments, family offices, high net worth individuals, private equity funds, hedge funds,
sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and other asset managers. The successful candidate will handle
the following responsibilities:
• Development of highly professional investment and financing memorandums and other supporting
materials for investors and lenders, which may include descriptions of market dynamics, asset
characteristics, and business plans as well as complex financial analysis, metrics and outputs tailored
to lenders and equity investors
• Manage, use and create real estate operating and financial models in close collaboration with
acquisitions and asset management teams on specific transactions.
• Maintenance of investor and lender call logs for specific transactions.
• Manage investor and lender Q&A on specific transactions including formulation of responses and
direct correspondence with institutional, family office, HNW and foreign counterparties.
• Coverage of existing and prospective investors and lenders with appropriate client service including
regular correspondence and maintenance of company investor and lender lists not otherwise specific
to a transaction.
• Creation of general marketing materials, lender materials and investor materials in collaboration with
acquisitions, asset management and marketing teams.
• Research debt and equity capital flows to keep the team abreast of trends in the industry in order to
provide directional insights on acquisitions and asset management decisions.
• Review and analyze prospective debt investment opportunities.
• Understand and utilize the firm’s investment track record in equity market materials.
• The role may include domestic travel.
• Minimum 4 years of direct real estate investing, private equity, investment banking, or financing
• Detailed understanding of complex real estate transactions and deal structuring: candidate should be
able to articulate deal structures as each relates to a prospective investor’s and/or lender’s position in
the capital stack.
• Strong cash flow and GP/LP partnership structure modeling experience; proficiency in Argus
• Well-versed in the firm’s main asset classes: office, retail, hotel and residential.
• Candidate will have exemplary integrity, ability to consistently meet deadlines, strong sense of
urgency, good self- management discipline, highly organized, and be capable of working effectively
under pressure. Self-starter, team player with ability to work independently and multitask.
• Well-rounded individual with strong analytical, quantitative, written and oral communication,
problem-solving and research skills as well as extremely strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Undergraduate degree.