Our client is a privately held real estate investment firm specializing in the acquisition, development, and value enhancement of office, industrial, and retail assets with a plan to expand into residential and other product types throughout the U.S. The team has decades of experience in commercial real estate and has completed more than $2.5 billion in transactions. Guided by a value-driven strategy and an entrepreneurial spirit, the company relies on strong, long-term relationships and possesses keen market insights needed to capitalize on undervalued or underperforming properties.
The Associate, Investment & Capital Markets will work directly with the firm’s Chief Strategy Officer on real estate investments and capital markets across the U.S. This individual will collaborate to execute the full cycle of acquisitions for opportunities in innovative, high yielding property investment verticals. The candidate should demonstrate a strong track record of underwriting and closing a variety of transactions, representing different risk/return profiles. The ideal candidate will couple strong analytical acumen with a collaborative nature and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Market Research – Compile, analyze and clearly report market data provided by industry periodicals, on-line content, and regional operating personnel.
- Capital Markets – review of equity and debt term sheets, discuss modeling, research, due diligence and underwriting with capital providers.
- Support the pursuit of capital commitments and investor relations and business development objectives to ensure successful execution of strategies.
- Coordinate, collect and compile financial analysis and initial due diligence materials (financial statements, market reports, capital expenditure history, environmental and property condition reports, etc.)
- Financial Modeling – Prepare / develop financial analysis which will include developing assumptions and market share, pro forma, capital and return analyses.
- Prepare cash flow projections and valuations of various properties using ARGUS and Excel.
- Coordinate Due Diligence: Review leases, budgets, and other pertinent data.
- Assist with the due diligence processes such as establishing budgets, tendering for due diligence services, and contract negotiation and management.
- Financing – Assist with the coordination of acquisition/development financing and refinancing.
- Collaborate with Chief Strategy Officer and / or Investment team on development of external marketing materials, proposals and memoranda based on a comprehensive understanding of the objectives of a specific investment vehicle, and the nature of the target audience.
- Interact with senior investment professionals and collaborate with the acquisition, asset management, development, leasing operations, and accounting professionals of the firm.
- Undergraduate degree required. Course study/curriculum focused in real estate, finance, economics or business is preferred
- 3 – 7 years of real estate analysis experience required
- A successful candidate will be seeking a highly entrepreneurial environment and will be successful in an unstructured, flexible professional setting
- Experience with Argus or other industry standard financial standard models preferred
- Intellectually curious about markets, opportunities, and new investment theses
- Knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling, property-level financial statements and basic accounting
- Operates efficiently in a work environment with tight deadlines
- Detail orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills