Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney | email@example.com | 617.247.0505 and/or Miranda Mars | firstname.lastname@example.org | 701.799.1176
Our client is a South Florida based developer and investor who is expanding nationally and internationally and whose leadership team has extensive experience in joint ventures, coordinating, financing, marketing, and consulting on real estate projects. Their real estate expertise includes office buildings, luxury high-rise condominiums, hospitality, market rate development, land development and urban revitalization projects. The team has a demonstrated track record earning a long list of coveted industry awards for excellence and innovation. They continue to successfully raise capital and strategically partner with top institutional investment platforms.
The Chief Financial Officer, Head of Capital Markets will partner with the leadership team in developing and implementing strategic plans that have near term and future impact on the company’s operations. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of current accounting practices, trends within the real estate space, and the ability to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources.
The selected professional will oversee the diversification and future institutional growth of our client’s platform. This individual must be a strategic financial executive preferably with development and/or private equity experience, coupled with exposure to programmatic capital raise. The successful candidate will collaborate with leadership to expand the platform and will assist with investment strategy, capital raise and development efforts throughout the organization.
• Together with the Managing Partners and President mature the strategy to ensure the appropriate financial resources are in place to achieve goals, while mitigating financial and operational risk;
• Implement a cash flow strategy that leverages the development platform and scale
• Assist in driving national development brand. As needed, support the capital raise process;
• Develop 5-year capital markets business plan for development and construction pipeline of existing and planned projects;
• Help create a formalized investment committee process and provide general oversight through closing;
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key financial partners including lenders, LP investors, government agencies, consultants, and vendors;
• Oversee and maintain the financial model and capital budget for each project asset and otherwise assist with development, disposition and financing processes;
• Prepare and track execution of annual business plans for each asset;
• Maintain comprehensive portfolio analysis to track cash flows, capital projects and distributions;
• Implement proper financial reporting to determine monthly and annual financial targets;
• Manage and support the preparation of the annual consolidated corporate audit, project audits, and tax returns;
• Establish and maintain controls to safeguard the Firm’s assets; establish best practices for audit compliance and restrictive controls; document and recommend improvements to internal financial policies and procedures;
• Oversee and approve the completion of timely financial statements and reports on transactions and/or information requests from lenders and investors;
• Supervise the Chief Accounting Officer and development accounting staff (6) on day-to-day operations including, but not limited to, month/year-end close, accounts receivable & payable, financial reports, payroll, invoicing, cash receipts and disbursements;
• Define the financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements/ implications of assets to Leadership team;
• Conduct meaningful proactive analysis to improve key financial decisions focusing on management of working capital, use of financial vehicles, and others;
• Provide useful financial insights to leadership advising on decisions about formulating and executing the Firm’s business strategy;
• Develop and implement a financial risk management policy;
• Effectively manage existing loans and lender-related obligations.
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant real estate, finance, capital markets and accounting experience;
• B.S./B.A. required; additional relevant advanced degrees such as a M.S./M.B.A in Finance or Accounting or certifications such as a CFA or CPA preferred;
• Direct experience working with an executive team;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail;
• Extensive knowledge of real estate accounting;
• Sharp, confident multi-tasker who is proactive and adaptable;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Yardi; Sage and Timberline preferred; and knowledge of other industry software including but not limited to Argus preferred;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.