Sierra Olney | email@example.com | 401-487-4898
Kaitlin Kincaid |Kaitlin@kelleraugusta.com | 617-413-1003
South Burlington, Vermont (partly remote optional)
One of Vermont’s leaders in real estate development and management, our client has over six decades of
experience in these areas. Our client has a diverse portfolio of residential and commercial properties, with an
emphasis on quality and a dedication to the environment and the communities in which they operate. The firm
is currently in a very active development mode, including the buildout of a 140‐acre mixed-use project in South
Burlington, VT. The project will include up to 900 residential units and approximately 500,000 square feet of
commercial and mixed‐use space. In addition to the current project site the firm owns approximately 400
additional acres of strategically located land slated for future development in sought after Chittenden County
communities. The firm has roots as a family-run business and has now evolved with the hiring of established
c-suite roles as well as a board of directors, including both family members and outside parties. The firm has
grown rapidly in terms of revenues, expertise, and head count over the last seven years and is well situated for
continued growth and profitability. It is a dynamic time for the firm and a fast paced and exciting opportunity
for the right candidate to be a real contributor and leader in their future success.
The Vice President of Finance is a collaborative and key member of the Leadership Team that will help drive
all key financial decisions across the business and manage relationships with lenders, shareholders, legal counsel,
and insurance brokers. The position provides strategic leadership, deal structuring expertise, and proactive
management of financial resources and sensitivity and risk analysis of investment strategies to position the
company for success. This position has direct oversight of the company’s overall financial functions and policies
including accounting, budget, credit, tax, and treasury, as well as risk management functions. The Vice President
of Finance will actively facilitate the professional growth of staff which includes finance & accounting and other
team members as determined by the CEO and will play a key role in contributing to and strengthening the
overall Company culture.
• Directly prepare financial models used for consolidated company performance and projections, as well
as for analyzing and evaluating potential development and business opportunities; and support CEO
in preparing summaries and analysis of financial models and the ability to clearly articulate them in
presentations to the Board of Directors, shareholders, and investors.
• Drive budget development, financial analysis, reporting and projections to deliver a dashboard view of
the Company’s fiscal health that can enable timely managerial responsiveness and ensure alignment
with the organization’s strategic goals.
• Assist in the planning and integration of our company systems, data and reporting to create efficiencies
within the Accounting and Finance department, as well as across multiple departments in the
• Manage and source debt instruments that align with the risk profile of the real estate and company.
• Manage financial team members and ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records and the timely production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Present financials and analysis in monthly Leadership Team meetings as well as at meetings of the Board of Directors, and shareholder and investor meetings as necessary.
• Analyze, evaluate, and offer recommendations on strategic partnerships, joint ventures, purchase or sale opportunities, and real estate development concepts.
• Survey, research and continuously monitor local and regional market conditions and prepare analysis and recommendations to CEO.
• Strong ability to communicate and translate complex financial modeling in to digestible summaries which allow the CEO and Board to make strategic decisions about both development considerations and corporate direction.
• Able to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and prioritize heavy workloads.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to complete time-sensitive projects.
• Drive results; demonstrates urgency and holds self and others accountable for achieving high standards of performance and service.
• Meticulous eye for detail, accuracy, and high standards of presentation.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to identify priorities and evaluate outcomes of various investment and distribution strategies.
• Sharp, confident multi-tasker who is proactive and adaptable.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute to a strong team culture.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial real estate, public accounting and/investments
• B.S./B.A. required; additional relevant advanced degrees such as a M.S./MBA in Finance or Accounting or certifications such as a CFA or CPA preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
• Extensive knowledge of real estate accounting and finance
• Preferred technology experience includes Excel, Argus, Yardi, MRI