Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Ellen Haber, Managing Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 917-842-0328
New York, NY
Responsible for managing the underwriting, structuring, and asset management of new origination (and
acquired) construction loans. Employee may also provide advisory services on other engagements or reviews
for servicing portfolios.
• Oversight for the underwriting including the review of construction budgets, feasibility studies, and
engineering reports, sponsor’s business plans, construction expertise (by product type, project scope
and market), and financial wherewithal (including reviewing global cash flows and balance sheet
review), review the general contractor’s expertise (by product type, project scope and market) and
• Work with the origination and underwriting team in screening potential investment opportunities.
• Work with legal/closing on structuring and documenting senior construction loans and mezzanine
construction loans, potentially in conjunction with C-PACE loans.
• Work with CLS (Bayview’s Loan Serving Company) to asset manage and review construction
progress and draws.
• Review and/or complete cash flow analysis and ratio analysis as well as commercial loan structuring
and documentation for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approved underwriting and closing
• Review and/or prepare written documentation (Investment Committee Memo, ASR) of loan terms,
conditions and narratives explaining the loan request, Sponsor’s background, loan risks and
mitigating factors and ensuring conformity to BAM’s credit policies.
• Provide senior management with ad hoc and/or regular reporting on the CRE market (market and
property type trends) and be prepared to present findings during management meetings.
• Work closely with various BAM departments including Real Estate Valuation, and CRE asset
management teams ensuring compliance with BAM’s credit policies and procedures;
• Exercise exemplary corporate citizenship including strict adherence to compliance requirements and
• Other duties as needed or required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a high paced dynamic environment
• Expert use of Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Preferred knowledge of Argus, Co-star, Reis and other market data sources
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math field preferred
• Finance, business, or project coordination experience is required
• Prior employment experience with an insurance company, bank or CRE lending institution
• 10 years of commercial real estate underwriting/lending experience, with at least 5 years of
experience with construction lending.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle,
touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach
with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and
employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other category protected by federal, state, or local law.