Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to
Christina Smith | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-875-3378
Our client is a privately owned global real estate investment, development, and management firm, with over a 60-year track record and presence in 225 cities and 25 countries with $144.1B of assets under management.
Our client has 165 developments currently underway around the world, and historically, has developed, redeveloped, or acquired over 1,400 properties, totaling over 472M square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246M square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, coupled with a pioneering commitment to sustainability, this platform is one of the largest and most respected real estate organizations on a global scale.
As a Construction Manager with our client, you will act as the Owner’s representative, manage all activities associated with the construction of a base building and/or interior improvements plus miscellaneous capital projects while adhering to the project schedule, budget, lender and/or ownership (partner) requirements. Manage Assistant Construction Managers and support personnel.
• Coordinate and facilitate general construction activities.
• Assist in preparation of project budget and capital improvement project projections.
• Interface with the company’s Conceptual Construction group and assist in drawing and specification preparation as well as review pricing and consultant/construction contracts.
• Manage and develop Assistant Construction Managers as needed.
• Monitor and review contractors' work as it relates to budget, schedule, and owner’s program.
• Direct activities of architects/engineers.
• Prepare construction updates for the development group and/or ownership.
• Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budget updates, change order reports.
• Review working drawings.
• Administer change order procedures and contractor progress payments.
• Maintain and monitor the progress of punch lists.
• Control project documentation and historical data regarding construction.
• Assist Owner and/or tenants in space planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimating, construction contracts and cost monitoring.
• Encourage a safe working environment and reviews all required OSHA and Worker's Compensation safety and accident reports with the General Contractor.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in construction science, engineering, or related field.
• Demonstrate understanding and successful application of general construction terminology and processes.
• Read and interpret construction related manuals, research/instructional reports, safety rules, and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
• Read and interpret detailed construction drawings and specifications and communicate findings with team.
• Negotiate and interpret the intent of contract documents and mediate disputes as needed.
• Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems.
• Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy.
• Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies.
• Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
• Speak before an audience with confidence, using appropriate communication skills/style.
• Demonstrate strong initiative.
• Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff and contractors.
• Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
• Perform numerical and financial calculations including calculating surfaces, volumes, weights, and measures.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software.