Interested & qualified candidates please submit a resume to
Sierra Olney |email@example.com| 401-487-4898
Stamford, CT (Hybrid)
Our client is a real estate investment management company focused on investing in and alongside small and mid- sized real estate operators and developers through commingled discretionary funds with institutional investors. Our client’s mission is to partner with real estate operators who can take advantage of growth opportunities and will benefit from a long-term relationship with an experienced and committed investment partner.
Our client is seeking a Controller to join their Connecticut based accounting team. The position will be responsible for accounting and finance operations, working closely with a third-party fund administrator. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in operations at both the platform and Fund level, working closely with third-party platform partners and internal executive management.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate expertise with GAAP and REIT reporting along with Tax experience; this is a dynamic position that will touch all aspects of the firm’s financial health. This individual will function as a liaison and resource to Executive Management, JV Partners, and third-party vendors to include Audit, Tax and Legal. This position will focus on accounting, cash management and financial reporting for a series of private, closed-end real estate investment funds. The candidate will have prior experience in fund level accounting and possess strong quantitative skills and preferably will have worked in an institutional real estate environment.
· Oversight and management of the financial closing process and reporting including the review of monthly reporting packages, financial statements, performance, and preparation of quarterly investor reports in collaboration with a third-party fund administrator.
· Oversee the consolidation, review and validation of the fair market valuation packages prepared by the Investment Team.
· Primary liaison with the Firm’s third-party audit firm and tax professionals (in conjunction with fund administrator) for the completion of annual fund level audits and tax returns.
· Provide strategic oversight in relation to cash management and capital needs at both the Investment and Fund levels.
· Focal point of contact with external investors and in charge of investor reporting including updates and process improvements for XIRR reporting, cash on cash return reporting and other reporting metrics.
· Oversee the compilation and analyze various fund reports to provide accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
· Complete all required and requested fund reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
· Provide oversight to the cash management process and liaise with the firm’s banking partners as well as assist to oversee the cash management and forecasting for all funds under management.
· Review of investment capital call packages and draw requests.
· Preparation of Investor Contributions and Distributions
· Provide accounting oversight on the review and approval of the monthly accounting reporting packages for all joint venture entities.
· Review waterfall calculations and settlement statements for asset dispositions.
· Participate in the preparation of regulatory filings as needed.
· Participate in the due diligence process and on-boarding process of new operating partners, as needed.
· Participate in special projects as required by the Managing Partners.
· Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience in the real estate fund administration and/or the public accounting sector.
· Organized with a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and show a willingness to collaborate and multitask.
· Leadership skills and the ability to effectively manage people and processes.
· Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills.
· High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Yardi, Argus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· BA/BS in accounting, business, finance or related. CPA, preferred.