West Palm Beach, FL
Founded in 2018, our client is a national real estate company who acquires, develops, and builds multifamily communities. Experienced yet nimble, the firm offers the expertise, track record, and connections of an established institutional organization with the unique level of attention and focus of an entrepreneurial company. In under three years, the firm has assembled an impressive $2.0B portfolio of ground-up developments bringing nearly 9,000 apartment homes to Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, and the Mid-Atlantic.
Our client is seeking an enterprising and enthusiastic Controller to support the real-estate development platform. We are seeking a talented, outgoing, and motivated individual with a strong accounting background, interpersonal skills, and industry experience that is looking to grow with our organization and build a long and successful career. This position will support the Chief Financial Officer and will be a key member of the Team. Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer the Controller is responsible for protecting assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and SOP’s overseeing daily accounting operations, including construction activities, budgeting, control costs, collections and analyzing month statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the Chief Financial Officer in leading and managing the operation of the accounting department.
· Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports for all company operations including property level financial reporting, variance analysis and account reconciliations.
· Oversee and direct the processing of all A/P (including but not limited to, bank reconciliations, , mortgage statements/escrows).
· Ensure that the department complies with standard operating procedures and internal controls.
· Work directly with Construction, Development, Finance, and Property Management teams.
· Monitor cash positions for all company operations, prepare cash flow analysis, and assist with annual budget preparation and reforecasting.
· Cost projections and warranty updates.
· Monitor bank balances and work with lenders.
· Provide assistance to the finance team with analytical/due diligence support for property acquisitions and developments.
· Assist the finance team with preparation of financial packages for prospective lenders and investors.
· Oversee lender compliance financial reports.
· Construction lender draw review/distribution.
· Ensure compliance with all financial policies and procedures.
· Organize financial data for annual audits and tax returns for corporate and property le and sale tax returns.
· Prepare property tax and personal property payments and analysis, property protests,
· Worker’s Compensation Audit Preparation.
· Bi-Weekly payroll processing/new hire on-boarding/manage corporate training program.
· Completes all other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
· Minimum of ten years of experience in finance, accounting, budget, cash management, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury options.
· Commercial real estate experience.
· Job cost and construction experience essential.
· General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
· Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles required.
· Intermediate to advanced skill level in Sage, Microsoft Office, Excel or similar software applications.
· Ability to perform advanced-level accounting and financial analyses under limited supervision.
· Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written) required.
· Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload.
· Must be to work with sensitive and confidential material with discretion and confidentiality.
· Master’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting
· Dependable, self-motivated, punctual, and efficient in handling work assignments.
· Ability to maintain a high degree of proficiency.
· Able to work with a diverse group of people.
· Strong team player, friendly, patient, self-motivated.
· Professional appearance and manner.
· Ability to supervise and lead members of the accounting team.