Our client is a multi-faceted real estate firm, based in the Boston area, specializing in property management, investment, finance, consulting, and sales throughout the United States. With a 60-year track record of success, the firm manages more than 19,100 residential units in 19 states. With a strong focus on affordable housing, our client aims to provide beautiful and healthy communities – inspired by a common purpose.
The Development and Acquisitions Analyst will be responsible for a variety of investment activities relating to the acquisition and financing of development projects and value-add investments. This is a highly visible role providing interaction with senior management and requiring collaboration with various departments across the company.
· Underwriting and due diligence of potential transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations, etc.)
· Preparation and management of detailed and dynamic cash flow projections and return analyses utilizing Excel
· Drafting Investment Committee memos to be submitted to ownership & senior management for approval of potential transactions
· Conducting asset and market due diligence, including interacting with external parties such as brokers, consultants, lenders, etc.
· Performing competitive and demographic research to discern real estate trends in prospective markets and identify investment prospects.
· Tour markets/properties, research market conditions, analyze market data, and assist in due diligence
· Prepare investment committee memoranda to summarize key aspects of opportunities
· Manage investment acquisition and disposition closing processes
· Track and manage the internal deal pipeline report
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate across the organization
· Analytical problem-solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail
· Experience in banking, private equity investment, real estate or similar business
· Experience in market-rate multifamily real estate investment preferred (LIHTC/affordable experience is a plus)
· Interest in real estate and capital markets
· Ability to build complex Excel models from scratch
· Strong financial analysis skills and facility with mental math
· A desire and inclination to assume ownership of responsibilities and to take initiative
· Excellent communication and presentation abilities, including business writing and proofreading
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)