For over 45 years, our client has delivered long-term value to shareholders, the best standard of service to residents and the highest quality experience for associates. Our client is a leading multifamily real estate investment trust with a demonstrated performance history of delivering superior and dependable returns by successfully managing, buying, selling, developing and redeveloping attractive real estate properties in targeted U.S. markets. Our clients own or have an ownership position in 50,000 plus apartment homes including 3,600+ homes under development or in preferred equity investments.
The Development Analyst/Senior Analyst will work with senior members of the development team to analyze the profitability of potential deals, model development proformas, and gather market/rent comp data. The selected individual will assist in providing financial analysis, modeling, and support for all the Company’s new business development activities in the real estate industry. Provide research and analysis on various topics related to projects. Participate in the management of active developments.
• Produce financial modeling spreadsheets.
• Build and maintain reports and databases on land sales, forward supply, market data, and other statistics.
• Receive, analyze, and summarize market studies. Establish intimate knowledge based off target markets.
• Assist in the creation and assembly of presentations, investment memos, design update memos, and other correspondence utilizing PowerPoint, Excel and MS Word.
• Attend Owner-Architect-Contractor (“OAC”) meetings to support the development of project programs and design.
• Track project expenditures versus budget. Maintain financial forecasts for active developments.
• Research local property tax rates, local impact fees, and entitlement costs to ensure an accurate reflection of total development costs.
• Review third-party market reports to supplement the organizations’ operating data in order to make appropriate operating and expense projections for the proposed development.
• Work with other members of the development team during the due diligence process to ensure issues related to the potential impact on project performance are reviewed. Provide sensitivity analysis to evaluate the impact of certain variables.
• Review and summarize city documents.
• Compile and manage project schedules.
• Support development managers in tasks such as acquisition of utilities, permits, and other project needs.
• Prepare and distribute monthly development reports to senior members of the team.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, architecture, civil engineering, urban planning, or related field.
• Graduate degree is a plus.
• Minimum of one to two years’ experience within the real estate industry preferred.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.
Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, fiscal management, and office management techniques. Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve company issues.
Ability to think conceptually and translate concepts into practical applications solutions and decisions. Ability to demonstrate and execute practical and effective solutions to problems. Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen. Ability to analyze data and recommend strategy. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and statistics.
Monitors and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, federal, state, and local laws and organizational standards. Identifies and reports potential risk areas and supports the problem resolution. Ability to travel.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from management or team members. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Knowledge of fiscal management and office management techniques with strong skills regarding spreadsheets, word processing and database applications. Strong experience and demonstrated aptitude with MS Excel. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.