Interested and Qualified Candidates, Please Contact:
Sierra Olney firstname.lastname@example.org | 401-487-4898
Sara Marsh email@example.com | 781-413-7275
Our client is a multi-disciplinary real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC, and New York City. Known for long-standing relationships and track record of success in markets where innovation thrives, the firm combines entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional approach to deliver value-add solutions to the world’s most innovative companies.
The Development Associate, Investments will collaborate with regional leadership on investments in commercial and multifamily development opportunities across the east coast. This person will provide direct assistance to the Senior Director of Development Investments in Boston. The successful candidate will be responsible for: evaluating potential transactions, putting together internal investment memorandums, assisting external reporting, managing the due diligence process, financing, leasing, coordinating with development and investment team members and overseeing the accuracy of the analysts’ underwriting and due diligence. Additionally, the Associate with support the existing development portfolio and ad hoc analysis.
- Evaluate potential commercial and multifamily development investments
- Oversee the execution of all analytical and underwriting aspects of a transaction including market research, due diligence, proforma modeling, and business plan development.
- Coordinate due diligence on new investments.
- Support all transactional aspects including financing, structuring, negotiating, and closing as well as operational support through stabilization and sale
- As needed, assist the asset management and capital-raising teams in valuations, investment summaries and presentations.
- BA/BS required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related real estate experience; 2 years of analytical experience with preference for prior development experience.
- Institutional experience a plus.
- Exceptional real estate finance skill set including the ability to oversee/collaborate on complex deal modeling in Excel and ARGUS.
- Exceptional business writing ability.
- Broad understanding of real estate product types, the development and redevelopment process and real estate economics.
- Experience working with joint venture partners, and various investment structures and related governing documents preferred.
- Must have a high degree of integrity, intellectual capital, and curiosity.