As a Development Manager, you will assist senior management in various aspects of industrial development and acquisitions across the East Coast. This may include site feasibility, underwriting, financing, and dispositions of industrial/logistics real estate.
Our client is an industrial real estate company focused on the acquisition, development, and management of modern logistics properties. The group is led by a diverse management team that averages more than 25 years of experience and has developed more than 55.3 million square feet of logistics buildings since 1995. Currently, the firm’s portfolio is comprised of 52 buildings across 23 million square feet in key logistics markets across North America with an estimated end value of more than $3 billion.
- Underwrite potential development opportunities.
- Analyze and review the market, zoning and site information through direct investigation and third-party consultants.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive critical path schedules for development projects.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive project budgets in conjunction with the project team and track ongoing project financial performance.
- Develop and maintain development financial models.
- Oversee project funding and disbursement requirements in conjunction with project accountants.
- Work with Project Managers to gain entitlements for development proposals through governmental agencies, working with community groups and local constituencies.
- Acting as an Owner’s representative, maintain communication and interface with all relevant parties including public agencies, community groups, and joint venture partners.
- Manage investor relationships and reporting.
- Partner with senior management and interact extensively with the real estate community.
- 3-5 years of direct real estate experience in development, acquisitions, or capital markets.
- Ability to create complex Excel models and perform detailed financial analysis.
- Experience evaluating, underwriting, and executing real estate investment opportunities.
- Conduct investment due diligence on potential acquisitions by performing valuation, market, and risk/return analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.