Our client is a private real estate investment management firm focused on serving the complex needs of predominantly life-science companies and institutions. Today, the platform is the largest private owner/operator of life science real estate with assets in core markets in and around Boston and Cambridge, MA, New York City, and Raleigh, NC.
The Development Manager will be an integral member of a collaborative team and work on all facets of development projects. He/she will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of assigned projects from pre-development through construction and transition to property management with the guidance and oversight of senior development team members. Projects will include ground-up and re-positioned life science developments located in the Greater Boston and Raleigh-Durham markets.
- Manage and coordinate all internal and external project team members from various disciplines including design, construction, leasing, marketing, accounting, and property management from job inception through a fully transitioned operating property.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the project pro-forma budget and schedule, including initiating new and updating/comparing existing versions to original.
- Manage the design and construction team to ensure successful completion and stabilization of projects on time and within budget.
- Manage project related reporting requirements including business plans, project summaries, budgets, schedules, drawings, and cash flows for the project.
- Solicit and negotiate professional service agreements with architects, engineers and consultants.
- Work with the architect, engineer and contractor to value-engineer design.
- Act as a liaison with third-party partners and lenders, if applicable, and provide any required reporting to such partners and lenders.
- Constantly monitor project progress, budget and schedule and report any variances or issues.
- Coordinate with consultants and municipalities to obtain entitlements and permits.
- Interact with neighborhood groups and city officials.
- Assist with and oversee due diligence tasks with respect to zoning, title, environmental risk and other potential barriers to development.
- Manage monthly equity and debt requisition process with equity partners and lenders
- Work with senior team members to develop marketing and leasing strategy for projects, and assist in leasing tours, tenant lease proposal negotiations and lease negotiations
- Minimum of six years of experience in real estate development or project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university minimum; MBA or Master’s Degree in a related field is a plus.
- Strong leadership, communication, and management skills, with the ability to influence and engage highly diverse project teams.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret design and construction documents, contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Track record of successfully bringing projects from concept to completion.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage large groups