Our client is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that owns and operates a portfolio of high-quality, retail-based properties located primarily in higher growth major markets in the United States including Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix, Raleigh, and Dallas/Fort Worth. Our client also manages Alpine Income Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE: PINE), a publicly traded net lease REIT focused on acquiring and owning single tenant retail properties throughout the United States.
This position supports the Investments team by analyzing, monitoring, and reporting on the performance of the Company’s portfolio of income-producing real estate investments located within certain markets. This position will assist in the creation of budgets and applicable capital plans for the assigned properties and will ensure that such budgets and capital plans are effectively and efficiently implemented including, where appropriate, overseeing the Company’s third-party property managers. This position will make recommendations on ways to optimize or reduce operating expenses at the assigned properties, suggest operating strategies related to compliance and financing strategies, and alert the Company’s senior management regarding any relevant property-specific, region-wide, or portfolio-wide issues or trends. This position will require travel, expected to be approximately 20% to 30% of the time.
Specific duties are expected to include, but not be limited to, performing, or assisting others with the performance of, the following:
- Review, analyze and reconcile monthly property financial statements; prepare and present standard monthly reports, and maintain operating budgets.
- Preparing annual operating and capital expenditure budgets for each asset.
- Work with the cash management team on cash analysis for each investment property, monitoring capital expenditures, repair and maintenance activities, and other operating expense items.
- Monitor the financial performance of each income property, which entails maintaining financial models, reviewing annual budgets, and notifying senior management of performance concerns.
- Oversight for day-to-day property management functions through utilization of external property management.
- Acting as a liaison with leasing department on property level leasing matters, providing support as necessary to accomplish annual leasing goals at the property.
- Providing leasing department support on lease negotiations including build-out construction costs, site planning, exclusive & prohibited uses.
- Developing and executing annual strategic management plans for each property to include expense reduction efforts and revenue enhancement strategies (ancillary income opportunities).
- Coordination of new tenant’s build-out/move-in with external construction vendors and architects
- Responsible for each property's ability to meet or exceed property branding standard, appearance, cleanliness, sight lines, signage, etc.
- Produce ad hoc analyses to evaluate the performance of properties.
- Collect market data and conduct benchmarking analyses.
- Oversee construction and repair projects at income properties, including selecting and supervising contractors or sub-contractors as appropriate.
- Coordinate on-boarding of new income property acquisitions with members of the Investments team.
- Gather and prepare due diligence materials for income properties being considered for financing or disposition.
- Work closely with the Finance team in ensuring compliance with debt covenants pertaining to the income property portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business or other related field of study.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in property management and/or asset management of predominantly office and retail properties.
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative skills/highly skilled in financial analysis.
- Understanding of financial accounting and control procedures and financial reports with ability to analyze variances.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly in Excel.
- Proficiency with MRI software.
- Demonstrated ability to identify trends, errors, and opportunities.
- Organized, meticulous and detail oriented.
- Highly motivated and able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible; ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment.