Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Christina Smith, Senior Director - email@example.com
Kate Mecke, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a privately owned global real estate investment, development, and management firm with a presence in 225 cities and 25 countries with $144.1B of assets under management. The firm has developments currently underway around the world and in its 60-year history has developed, redeveloped or acquired over 1,400 properties, totaling over 472M square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246M square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, coupled with a pioneering commitment to sustainability, this platform is one of the largest and most respected real estate organizations on a global scale.
As a Director, you will assist senior management in various aspects of industrial development and acquisitions in the mid-Atlantic region. This may include site feasibility, underwriting, entitlements, design, financing, construction, marketing, lease up, and dispositions of industrial/logistics real estate.
• Provide overall support to the Managing Director in managing broad aspects of project development, including feasibility, finance, zoning/land use, design, construction, and leasing.
• Assemble and manage all members of a development project team, including all the clients support personnel.
• Underwrite potential development opportunities.
• Analyze and review the market, zoning and site information through direct investigation and third-party consultants.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive critical path schedules for development projects.
• Establish and maintain comprehensive project budgets in conjunction with project team and track ongoing project financial performance.
• Develop and maintain development financial models.
• Support project equity and debt activities. Oversee project funding and disbursement requirements in conjunction with project accountants
• Gain entitlements for development proposal through governmental agencies, working with community groups and local constituencies.
• Assist the clients’ Conceptual Construction Group in the coordination of design professionals (civil, architect, etc.) and the development of necessary materials for every stage of the process, from initial conceptual layouts to construction drawings and specifications.
• Acting as an Owner’s representative, maintain communication and interface with all relevant parties including public agencies, community groups, and joint venture partners.
• Manage investor relationships and reporting.
• Partner with senior management and interact extensively with the real estate community.
• 6-8 years of direct real estate experience in development management, construction management, architectural, and/or engineering background is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of primary aspects of industrial/logistics real estate is required.
• Experience and/or interest in sourcing development and acquisition new business opportunities.
• Familiarity with the entitlement process and zoning related matters.
• Bachelor’s degree and related experience considered in lieu of post undergraduate studies; MBA preferred.
• Strong knowledge of project budgeting and job cost systems.
• Ability to create complex Excel models and perform detailed financial analysis.
• Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Work indoors approximately 90% of the time and outdoors 10% of the time.
• Ability to withstand long working hours, which are frequently necessary.
• Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
• Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
• Ability to walk around project sites under construction to review progress.
• Ability to travel to and from destinations by plane and/or car.
• Ability to visually review and read correspondence, reports, etc.
• Ability to handle stressful, high-pressured atmosphere.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Job duties and responsibilities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.