Interested and qualified candidates please submit a resume to Sierra Olney |email@example.com| 401-487-4898 and/or Kaitlin Kincaid |firstname.lastname@example.org| 617-413-1003
Boston, MA or Toronto, ON
The Director, Global Head of Real Estate Valuations will work to enhance our client’s global real estate valuation platform and oversee the quarterly development and communication of appraised real estate asset values. This position reports to the AVP, Managing Director, Global Asset Management based in Toronto, ON. This team supports the firm’s regional offices across Canada, the United States, and Asia. As part of the Global Asset Management Operations team, this individual and team are accountable for coordinating global asset management operations, analysis and reporting while maintaining global policies, procedures, governance, and compliance. The chosen professional will oversee a small team focused on facilitating the quarterly valuation process and collaborate with Asset Managers and other global stakeholders. Key responsibilities of the role include the recommendation and implementation of best practices across reporting, systems, technology, and consulting engagements while ensuring compliance and quality control of the quarterly valuation process.
Our client is a leading international financial services organization with a prominent real estate investment management business operating throughout the United States; its parent company has an international presence throughout Canada, Asia, and Europe. The greater business provides financial management along with insurance, wealth and asset management solutions for individuals and institutions alike. As of June 30th, 2021, assets under management and administration by the parent company and its subsidiaries totaled CAD $1.3 trillion / US $1.1 trillion. Our client develops and manages commercial real estate for thousands of customers around the globe as part of their comprehensive private markets’ capabilities. Their real estate portfolio totals roughly 63 million square feet of office, industrial, and retail space strategically located in markets across Canada, the U.S., and Asia. The firm leverages both their global platform and local expertise to provide market-leading solutions for their tenants and to deliver results for their partners.
• Strong institutional real estate valuation expertise, with 10+ years of commercial appraisal
• MAI/AACI/MRICS designations desirable, Certified General Appraiser License is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; fields of study
include Real Estate, Accounting, Finance, or similar fields relevant to real estate valuation
Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to manage various stakeholders. Excellent collaboration and strong relationship
• Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding deadlines, all
while paying strict attention to detail
• Focused and self-motivated team player who balances independent thinking with the execution
capabilities and core competencies of the greater team/organization
• Superior proficiency in Argus Enterprise and Excel required
• Experience with Yardi, Power BI, VTS, ProCore and Building Engines is desirable