Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Christina Smith | Senior Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is an investment management company that is located within a well know school in the Boston area. Our client manages over $25 billion for the Institute’s endowment, retirement plan, and other pools of capital. The company’s Cambridge Real Estate (CRE) team serves as an investor, owner, operator, and developer of a high-profile real estate portfolio located exclusively in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The portfolio has a current gross market value of approximately $5 billion and is comprised of multiple asset types with notable tenants including Bayer, Lab Central, Capital One, Apple, and Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC). In addition to current holdings, the portfolio is expected to grow over the coming decade through an extensive development pipeline of over 3 million square feet. The CRE team is comprised of over 30 talented individuals. This role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader to aid in the creation of a new, innovative, inclusive, and collaborative environment in Cambridge to support the university’s mission of bringing knowledge to bear on the world’s greatest challenges through science and technology.
The Director of Leasing will oversee all aspects of the leasing process for commercial properties, from prospecting and lead generation to lease execution and tenant move-in. This position will maximize the leasing potential of the CRE portfolio by analyzing, planning, and implementing leasing strategy to attain financial and tenant mix objectives. This will be accomplished by cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing tenants and members of the community, as well as collaborating across all CRE teams, including Development, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, and Legal. The Director of Leasing position will have the unique opportunity to contribute to CRE’s acquisitions and sales strategy, helping shape the future of Kendall Square.
• Serve as primary leasing point of contact for prospective/existing tenants and brokerage community.
• Identify, qualify, originate, and negotiate terms and conditions of new and renewal multi-asset class lease transactions within CRE’s portfolio. The Director will be expected to lead deals of all sizes, including both new leases and renewals.
• Be a proactive face of the firm, cultivating new relationships with desirable prospective tenants to maximize occupancy across the portfolio through networking, marketing, and leasing campaigns, creating a long-term tenant pipeline.
• Proactively maintain and build upon existing tenant relationships through on-site events and face-to- face interactions, keeping a long-term view and the mission.
• Provide relevant and competitive information by proactively staying informed about market trends, conditions, competitor offerings, pricing strategies, lease incentives, etc.
• Establish and cultivate effective working relationships with representatives of community groups, government, industry and other entities that have interests in project development process, always representing the company with a high level of professionalism.
• Be a lead voice in investment strategy, asset repositioning, development, acquisitions, and dispositions.
• Actively participate in local industry groups.
• Research, analyze, and make recommendations concerning prospective tenants based on credit/financing impact, tenant mix, and return on investment.
• Prepare leasing reports, financial analyses, and forecasts to assess leasing performance and identify areas for improvement.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
• 7+ years’ experience in leasing office and/or lab asset types required, preferably within the Greater Boston area.
• Thorough understanding of and experience in lease negotiations, lease document review, and lease administration with a proven track record.
• Self-motivated with strong work ethic and follow through.
• High level of initiative with an entrepreneurial spirit and fiduciary mindset.
• Ability to think creatively and desire to continue learning.
• Deep understanding of leasing structures, terms, and tenant credit, and their impact to real estate value and risk.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to work from our Cambridge, Massachusetts, office.