Interested and Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Sierra Olney| email@example.com |617-247-0505
Our client is a South Florida based multifamily development & investment firm with over 90 years’ combined experience in the sector. To date, they have targeted specific growing submarkets in stabilized, high-growth municipalities, then source unique urban and suburban infill sites within those markets. Since the company’s inception, they have created a pipeline of over 6,000 + units in development, with 6 projects currently under construction. Our client’s platform is a vertically integrated team with individuals dedicated to market research, financial underwriting, due-diligence, project management, development, construction management, property management and investor relations. They have successfully created opportunities with a direct-to-owner philosophy, having done business directly with significant land and property owners in the past.
Our client is seeking a strategic, hands-on Executive Vice President, Development to manage the Company’s development strategy throughout its target markets including Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee. This newly created position will be responsible for the implementation and execution of Sunbelt development transactions, including coordination and communication with venture partners, and will manage the Company’s efforts to process and develop new rental apartment projects; oversee active projects; and play a role in the management and disposition of completed developments. Our client is seeking an individual to assist with the platform’s strategy, oversee pre-construction and multifamily development projects, and manage the activities of the existing development and construction management associates.
• Manage the activities of the existing development and construction management associates.
• Assist in the sourcing of new development opportunities, through developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including brokers, consultants, land sellers, capital markets team members, lenders, etc. to identify feasible, financeable, and profitable new initiatives.
• Develop, manage, nurture, and collaborate with landowners, brokers, lenders and other deal source networks; maintain productive relationships with architects, attorneys, engineers, government officials, vendors and community partners to originate and execute multifamily projects.
• Assist in the oversight of the negotiation of legal instruments including contracts, easements, term sheets, loan documents, joint venture agreements, municipal agreements, joint development agreements, etc.
• Coordinate the development projects under construction to ensure developments remain on time and on budget.
• Manage the pre-entitlement/entitlement process by maintaining accurate pursuit cost forecasting and reporting and implement and execute programs and processes to ensure pro-forma development budgets, underwriting, schedules, quality, and standards are met and completed in accordance with adopted corporate policies.
• Direct and collaborate with third-party consultants to identify, entitle, design, finance, permit, construct, lease, manage and dispose of new development projects.
• Manage and maintain a pipeline of land and redevelopment sites for new development.
• Perform detailed review of the specifications and design documents throughout the design process for site and building design. Provide a Constructability and Coordination Plan Review Memorandum to the Project Manager at each stage of design process:
o Design Development
• Participate and provide input throughout the design process for improved constructability and value engineering options.
• Review change orders for internal consideration and approval.
• A minimum of 10 years of development and project management experience required in multi-family (single family for rent, townhomes, garden apartments, condominiums).
• Demonstrated the ability to manage a team of people.
• Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate Development, Business Management, Construction Management, or related field of study (Master’s degree is a plus).
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, negotiate, and communicate effectively, to comprehend and/or complete legal contracts, loan documents, financial spreadsheets, to create and make presentations to Executive members and lenders, and to draft internal Investment Committee Memoranda and contribute to the production of Private Placement Memoranda. Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend architectural, structural engineering and civil engineering plans.
• Proven success in negotiating and overseeing GC and third-party subcontractors while navigating through the unique obstacles inherent in the Southeast market.
• A history of leadership roles showing the ability to manage multiple, large-scale building projects, preferably in residential development in multiple markets.
• A thorough knowledge of all trades.
• Knowledge of the entitlement processes, title, survey, and environmental review.
• Success leading teams of development professionals. Encourages both external and internal teamwork and collaboration.
• Detail-oriented, aggressive, forward-thinking professional in construction management and real estate development.