Our client is a leading commercial real estate development firm, having successfully acquired, developed, re-positioned and/or entitled and managed over five million square feet of real estate. Focused on high quality, mixed-use development assets in leading gateway markets, with a strong emphasis on creative place making and value add approaches to real estate, our client is among the top tier of real estate development and management firms in the New England market.
The General Manager provides leadership, direction, and support to a property operations team to facilitate the effective management of a large urban mixed-use development and deliver superior customer service while maximizing the value of the asset. They will work collaboratively to develop the long-term strategy, annual business plans and operating budget.
• Effectively launch a new managed property by accepting management operations from construction team and proactively lease up available apartments prior to delivery of certificate of occupancy.
• Monitor targeted proforma budget goals to ensure a proper lease up and stabilization of property.
• Oversees the overall marketing and leasing efforts and strategically manages the leasing process utilizing up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties to achieve targeted revenue and budgeted occupancy goals.
• Train and develop a new team to cohesively manage and deliver a successful lease up while creating a new community of residents.
• Oversee and manage the daily site operations as the senior leader by effectively partnering with and overseeing the onsite personnel and contracted service.
• Implement corporate policies, procedures, and operating goals.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and provide continuous feedback to the property operations team to assist in their development and ensure optimal performance.
• Manage the asset’s finances and administration, including preparation of annual budgets and capital plans, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting, annual operating expense, and real estate tax reconciliations and rent collection in collaboration with the Director of Portfolio Operations, Accounting and Asset Management departments.
• Successfully onboard all contracted vendors to the new property and provide them with guidance and supervision in order to maintain the asset.
• Provide oversight for tenant improvements and capital projects. Facilitate the RFP and bidding process, as well as hire and manage architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants for this work.
• Assist in solving problems, including employee relations, tenant service issues and building operational issues.
• Inspects communal areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis. Offers recommendations to management regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
• Familiarizes oneself with all aspects of maintenance to ensure the community is operating at peak performance.
• Understand and apply principles of Fair Housing and all other state and local laws.
• Ensure resident satisfaction through the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required in addition to attending and assisting with resident social functions and activities.
• May be required to drive motorized vehicle on or offsite for Company business and run errands, as necessary.
• Always represents the Company in a professional manner. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers, and the public.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lead a successful team.
• Commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Advanced situational judgment – ability to know what is needed to satisfy the customer and resolve issues.
• Strong sense of accountability – ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
• Strong financial management oversight and interpretation, oversight of monthly P&L’s, annual budget reforecast and budget.
• College Degree with Real Estate or business-related course of study preferred.
• Property Management and leasing experience required- lease up experience preferred.
• Computer literacy required.
• Experience with computerized property management and/or accounting software preferred, specifically Yardi, YieldStar and Nexus.
• Ability to understand and explain legal documents (i.e., leases and addenda).
• Ability to understand, build and manage budget files, capital plans and other financial and/or accounting related documents and reports.
• Experience with Computers w/Internet and e-mail capabilities, Telephone, Facsimile, Photocopier, Vehicle.
• Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and quickly, including answering phones, attending meetings, written correspondence, or other forms of communication.
• Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
• Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to fifteen pounds for the dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility