Interested and Qualified Candidates, please submit resume to:
Sierra Olney| firstname.lastname@example.org |617-247-0505 and/or
Kate Mecke | email@example.com | 617-721-0535
Miami, FL (preferred) or Boston, MA
Our client is a dedicated property services management company that serves commercial properties in gateway
cities throughout the United States. With its focus on personalized service, premium amenities, and proactive
relationship management, the firm employs the latest technologies and a concierge-like approach to property
management, construction management and development in order to foster an elevated tenant experience
across more than 32 million square feet of real estate in the Greater Boston, New York, San Francisco Bay,
South Florida, Southern California, Austin, and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas. This platform’s parent
company has raised approximately $29 billion in capital commitments and invested or committed to invest in
nearly 500 transactions with a total peak capitalization of approximately $80 billion.
Our client is seeking a Vice President/Senior Vice President of Development to serve as the lead development professional
in the build out of their industrial pipeline. This position will be focused on leading the day-to-day development
oversight for a specific, large-scale project in South Florida (through inception to completion), with future
projects expected throughout the Eastern Seaboard. The ideal candidate will have ten to fifteen years of
industrial and broader commercial development experience across national and/or regional markets.
• As the owner’s representative, maintain communication and interface with relevant parties (e.g., firm
principals, development teams, institutional equity partner).
• Manage tenant build-out activities and redevelopment projects on existing assets.
• Work with leasing personnel to provide tenant work exhibits, budgets, and schedule information, and
review tenant work construction for compliance.
• Provide design/construction support to deal team, managing all aspects of project development including
site feasibility, zoning/land use, entitlement process, design, constructability analysis, and leasing.
• Review plans and specifications to assure a complete scope of construction is captured and identified.
• Manage RFP process to assemble project teams, award and negotiate contracts.
• Review due diligence reports from consultants (land use/zoning, environmental, geotechnical, etc.).
• Manage design professionals (civil, architect, etc.) and drive the development of necessary materials for
every stage of the process from initial conceptual layouts to construction drawings and specifications.
• Develop comprehensive critical path schedules for development projects, reviewing general contractor
project schedule for logic and accuracy and overseeing adherence throughout construction.
• Establish comprehensive project budgets in conjunction with project team and identify strategies to
ensure development budget is achieved.
• Finalize construction budget with general contractor and track ongoing project financial performance.
• Oversee project cost control; review and negotiate change orders and monthly requisitions.
• Provide regular project reports to ownership and investor partners and interact with construction lenders.
• Perform due diligence assessments on potential new acquisitions.
• Partner with senior management and interact extensively with the real estate community.
• 10+ years of direct real estate experience in development management, construction management,
architectural, and/or engineering background; industrial experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated success with full cycle project management.
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills, and an ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
• Ability to use discretion and a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to travel on a regular basis.