Our client is the wholly owned independently managed, investment management affiliate of the world’s leading real estate services firm. The firm has over $141.9 billion of real estate assets under management globally on behalf of 700 institutional investors and employs approximately 880 employees in over 30 offices worldwide.
Indirect Private Real Estate (“Indirect RE”) is a division of our client’s Investment Management dedicated to investments with operating partners via primary funds, secondaries, co-investments and joint ventures across all sectors. Indirect RE differentiates from the direct investment side of the firm’s Investment Management by always investing with a local operating partner in every transaction. Indirect RE has AUM of $43.5bn. Clients invest via both open and closed end commingled funds as well as separate accounts, many of which have a global remit.
The Investment Manager (IM) will work as a member of the America’s Regional Investment Team working collaboratively on the execution of investments within the Region. The IM role is to source, execute and manage all aspects of the investment and asset management process for the Indirect team with a focus on primary and secondary fund investments.
The IM will be an active participant in the formulation of House Views and Preferred Strategies for indirect investments including top-down review of sectors within the Region and the preparation of market or sector overviews, analysis, and investment universe reports. This position will engage regularly with the Indirect Portfolio Management Team to gain knowledge of clients’ investment objectives.
The successful candidate will bring an analytical and research-oriented approach to strategy and Fund selection supporting best in class execution for the Indirect Team.
• Development of market views and collaboration on setting preferred investment strategies within the region
• Sourcing and monitoring Fund investment opportunities and maintaining regular touch points with Managers
• Preparation of market or sector analysis including overviews on existing or emerging real estate sectors and investment universe analysis
• Detailed underwriting and due diligence of investment opportunities including market research, detailed financial analysis, manager due diligence, vehicle legal and tax structuring, financing review, and coordination of external advisors for asset, legal and tax due diligence
• Collaboration on all aspects of investment execution with the wider team on an as needed basis
• Preparation of detailed materials required by the investment process including preliminary investment recommendations, Investment Committee Recommendations and Post-Investment Committee Due Diligence Report.
• Presentation of opportunities to the Indirect Global Investment Team and Investment Committee
• Asset Management of investments including monitoring and oversight of managers, analysis, and recommendation of action for any voting matters and compliance with the Indirect Investment Guidelines
• Coordination of the investment disposition process
• Production of Investment Oversight Committee materials including semi-annual performance reforecasts and annual investment review notes including hold/sell analysis
• Collaboration with Portfolio Management team to ensure up-to-date client requirements and support the PM team on quarterly reporting and ad-hoc requests
• As team member:
• Mentors and drives junior team members to develop skills and competencies
• Lead by example and model's behaviors consistent with the company's core values
• 7+ years of experience in executing Fund investments
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
• Accurate under time pressure and exceptional attention to detail
• Enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team with good interpersonal skills
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
• Flexible approach to work and willingness/ability to travel
• Experience and understanding of a broad range of real estate sectors
• In-depth knowledge of the manager universe in the Region
• Knowledge and experience with writing market analysis and overviews
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Strong work ethic and ambition
• Strong financial modeling skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel