Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Kate Mecke | Senior Director | email@example.com
New York, NY
Our client is a publicly traded national real estate investment firm involved in all phases of real estate management, development, and leasing. The company’s 67 properties are in approximately 17 states with a concentration in the northeast and include shopping centers, office buildings, and development sites.
As a leader of a growing real estate team/portfolio, the selected individual will serve as a trusted advisor to senior management, providing strategic input on investment opportunities, partnership agreements, asset management and long-term value creation. This position will serve as the primary business leader for the fulfillment of the company’s real estate strategy/portfolio. The Director of Finance and Operations will assist senior management in the direction and overall operations of the company. The selected individual will assist in developing the corporate strategy, while ensuring its successful communication and execution throughout the company. The successful candidate will be an individual with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Participate in defining and executing overall investment strategy.
• Actively manage all acquisition, development and disposition transactions.
• Advise and assist in the structuring, contracting, due diligence, financing and approval of deals.
• Assist CEO with formulating and implementing overall portfolio strategy while monitoring performance
• Work alongside CEO to actively engage with accounting, leasing, development and property management teams
• Actively engage with and oversee accounting, legal, development, and asset management professionals.
• Direct and collaborate with internal and external analytical / deal support professionals.
• Cultivate and maintain outside relationships including brokers, principals, lenders, potential partners, etc.
• 10+ years of relevant leadership/management responsibilities within a real estate firm.
• Executive-level management experience (5+ years).
• Bachelor’s degree with a record of academic achievement.
• Strong management and organizational skills
• Track record of navigating investments, and experience investor relations
• High energy, team player with desire for collaboration
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to present information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to read and interpret real estate documents, agreements and reports
• Ability to efficiently and effectively direct and monitor the activities of others
• High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)