Our client is a national commercial bank with deep commercial real estate industry relationships, underwriting experience, and market expertise that originates, underwrites, and manages senior secured real estate loans. Transactions are focused on experienced and well-capitalized sponsors with a geographic focus on properties in the northeast, west coast, and other major markets with strong fundamentals. The team provides bridge/reposition and construction financing for single properties, property portfolios, and loan portfolios. Properties include multi-tenant office, multi-family rental, industrial, self-storage, and more. Their professionalism, long-term client relationships, and successful track record help them succeed in all areas of business.
- Seeking a Director/MD of Originations reporting to Real Estate Finance group head.
- The Real Estate Finance group provides bridge, repositioning, transitional and construction lending to experienced and well-capitalized sponsors.
- Manage existing client relationships while also expanding the group’s clients through direct and indirect calling efforts.
- Originate, structure, underwrite and negotiate complex loan structures including bridge, transitional and construction for multi-family, office, retail, industrial, and hotel properties.
- Role is measured on new business generation – loans, fees, deposits.
- Responsibilities include initial deal vetting vis-a-vis pricing and structure, credit memo review and committee presentations, and negotiation of deal terms and documentation.
- Work closely with structuring closing and syndication team.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 plus years of experience in Commercial Real Estate.
- Extensive experience originating loan structures including bridge, transitional and construction loans.
- Relevant relationships with key mortgage bankers, commercial banks, real estate brokers, developers and investors, and other sources of third-party commercial mortgages.
- Excellent analytic, negotiating, and structuring skills.
- Ability to identify and structure for key risks associated with commercial real estate debt transactions.
- Experienced in negotiating deal terms and documentation.
- Ability to manage and maintain existing client relationships and providing REF solutions.
- Prior experience with credit memo review and committee presentations.
- Excellent professional reputation.
- Well-organized; strong and independent work ethic with excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative personal/professional style that advances a collegial partnership approach to meeting corporate objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.