Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney |firstname.lastname@example.org| 401.487.4898 and/or
Kate Mecke |email@example.com| 617-721-0535
New York, NY
Our New York / San Francisco based client is a leading investment manager specializing in private equity real estate investing throughout the U.S. The team has systematically developed and refined their unique and disciplined approach to investing across multiple asset classes, and geographies. Through their current platform and its predecessor entities, the team has acquired 102 investments totaling $12.4 billion of gross cost since inception. Our client is growing and constantly evolving to ensure they remain well positioned to deliver high-quality solutions and exceptional performance to their partners.
The Associate and/or Vice President position is a New York based role focused within Multifamily Asset Management. The position will report to the team’s Managing Director of Asset Management. The Associate and/or Vice President’s primary responsibilities are to analyze and provide operational and strategic support across the firm’s growing multifamily portfolio. This position will play a key role on the Asset Management team in a high-volume, fast paced, and team driven environment. This position will help to create portfolio performance and drive value throughout the life cycle of various Multifamily investments.
The select individual will assist with day-to-day business plan execution of residential assets within our client’s portfolio. This position will be responsible for an array of tasks ranging from financial analytics to project management, focusing on value creation through diligent management and oversight. The position will collaborate with employees across the firm, and their third parties (joint venture partners, property managers, attorneys, consultants).
• Asset management of market rate, development and select affordable rental apartment properties located throughout the U.S.
• Alert team members to issues as they arise and work with the team to evaluate and implement solutions.
• Work within the team to develop budget projections and coordinate reforecasts and other reports as applicable.
• Monitor and track key performance metrics across assets on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Perform regular site visits and property assessments.
• Attend regular calls with operating partners.
• Review and analyze monthly financial packages, highlight issues.
• Track portfolio performance and utilize this as a benchmark for potential acquisitions.
• Analyze rent comparables and market surveys for current portfolio and potential acquisitions.
• Track capital expenditures and unit renovation programs.
• Assist in investor and asset management reporting.
• Interact with senior investment professionals; collaborate with the acquisition, asset management team and outside partners.
• Assist with the overall direction of property operations, rental pricing, capital investment, and assessment and strategy related to market conditions and asset positioning.
• Effective, 360 degree written and verbal communication with JV partners, property staff, internal and external funds management and administration.
• Monitor property level cash management, overseeing capital calls and distributions.
• Bachelor’s degree with major in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration from a top institution preferred.
• Candidates MUST have excellent analytical skills.
• 5-10 years of experience in multifamily asset management.
• Must be self-motivated, critical thinker, enthusiastic, inquisitive, detail oriented.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Fluency in Excel.