Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Lauren Hodgetts, email@example.com, (917) 270-4139
US (Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles preferred)
Our client always looks to lead their industry and believes that deep sector-focused experience and expertise is the best way to bring maximum value to their clients. Therefore, the US Valuation Advisory Services (VAS) team is looking to appoint a National Office, Industrial, Sector Lead. S/he will be accountable for owning client account management and driving national business development for all clients in this sector. This position will play a critical role designing and executing a sector growth strategy, building relationships and eminence, and managing delivery quality. Ultimately, s/he must work with market leaders and valuers across the country to deliver on a national revenue target. This role reports to the Americas CEO of Valuation Advisory and will work closely with the US COO and market leaders, the Global Valuation Chief Product Officer (CPO), Marketing, and other business lines.
National Sector Leaders are responsible for their asset class and are known as the national "go to" expert and thought leader – both internally and externally. This role is divided into three primary functions: 1) driving revenue through client relationships, 2) recruiting and mentoring team leads, and 3) collaborating with technology and operations to improve the platform. National standards and practices will be driven by the SL for their respective asset class, and SLs are also responsible for managing risk, driving culture, and managing/driving margin for their business.
• Develop and execute national growth strategy for the sector
• Set and deliver on quarterly and annual growth targets, including KPIs for overall sector revenue, renewal revenue, revenue from new clients, CAGR, sector margin
• Lead client relationship management for the sector
• Build personal relationships with top national clients (consistent contact, client visits)
• Implement account development plans for top investor, lender, and insurer clients
• Secure renewals of key contracts
• Lead new business development for the sector; identify and prioritize target clients
• Build and execute plan to penetrate new target accounts
• Design, recommend, and build a team of sector specialists with the ability to serve client needs across the nation
• Develop the knowledge, skills, and eminence of the sector specialists
• Develop and manage quality of the Sector service offering and deliverables (e.g., methodologies, quality, instruction letters, standardized reporting)
• Develop a plan to create internal awareness of our sector capabilities and any new expectations around client accounts/development/management
• In collaboration with the Global Chief Product Officer (CPO), identify, develop and rollout sector-specific solutions/products that differentiate the client’s brand
• In collaboration the Chief Data Officer (CDO), drive the capture and use of Sector client and asset data
Our client is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company with 91,000 employees and $16.6B in global revenues (2020), our client helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
The successful candidate must have the following proven capability and experience:
Experience & Qualifications
• Industry qualifications (MAI, RICS, API, etc)
• 10+ years of experience of business development for Valuation, Advisory or related CRE services, including a track record of delivering on revenue targets
• 10+ years of experience and/or background in serving the respective sector
• Leading Leaders – ability to drive and influence other internal business leaders to deliver results
• Collaborative approach – works effectively across a complex organization with a team and firm-first orientation
• Exemplary executive presence – has the gravitas and sophistication to appropriately command the room, both internally as a leader and more importantly externally with clients.
• Strategic and critical thinking – exhibits strong levels of insight and intellectual curiosity
• Structure and Process - Successfully demonstrate the application of analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills and a highly efficient and structured work method
• Digitally astute and forward-looking – an early adopter of technology and driver of digital products
• Culturally-astute – experienced working in different cultures and able to deliver across borders
• Unwavering ethical standards; drives excellence and innately collaborative