Our client is a privately held firm engaged in the development, investment, leasing, management and ownership of first-class commercial properties.
The Owner’s Project Manager will oversee and direct all tenant improvement work lease inception to move-in. This will involve the coordination of all aspects of the design and construction of tenant improvement work. In addition, the position will include the performing of project management duties on other ground up construction projects.
- Work with Leasing personnel as needed to provide Tenant Work exhibits, budgets and schedule information.
- Review all Tenant Work Construction Documents for compliance with lease terms and the building rules and regulations.
- Establish/ monitor the Budget and Schedule for each tenant project.
- Manage the Design team work so that the final construction documents meets the Tenant’s requirements.
- Manage the Contractor’s work.
- Coordinate all Tenant Vendors work.
- Attend and run weekly project meetings.
- Oversee multiple tenant buildouts at one time
- Review and approve all pricing from all consultants and the General Contractor
- Review and process all Change Orders.
- Review and approve all Tenant Work invoices and requisitions.
- Review and approve Tenant Work Allowance reimbursement requests
- Prepare billing to Tenants as required
- Oversee and ensure that all permits are received.
- Oversee close out of each tenant project ( punch list sign-off, final billings, as-built and O & M Manuel submission, Term Commencement Agreement, etc.)
- Oversee turn over to Building Management
- Work closely with Building Management team to ensure that there is no disruption to existing tenants in the building.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, scheduling, budgeting and executing the construction of new ground up construction projects.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Understanding of the design and construction process
- Ability to review and analyze contractor pricing
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – ability to effectively communicate with all levels of people from the GC superintendent to a company CEO
- Detailed oriented
- Good computer skills (excel, word, project, etc.)
- Ability to pick up things quickly and learn
- Strong work ethic
- Energetic, honest and accountable
- Desire to grow and learn more about the development business
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an associate degree in Construction Management
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the construction or real estate industry. Experience with tenant buildouts as well as ground up construction desired. Some knowledge of leasing process would be helpful.