Based in Washington D.C., the client is a private equity-backed real estate acquisition, development and investment management firm founded in 2003. Along with our capital partners, the client has successfully acquired or developed more than 120 senior housing communities and deployed over $2.5 billion of investment capital to date.
Led by an executive team with over 100 years of combined experience in the senior living industry, the client is comprised of experts who specialize in design, development, finance and operations – invaluable proficiencies for identifying acquisition and development opportunities for assisted living, memory care and active living senior communities.
The client’s holistic and strategic approach enables the firm to successfully guide its partners, which include industry-leading architects, interior designers and senior living operators to create best-in-class senior living communities across the United States. Through this team approach, the client understands the always-evolving needs and desires of adult children and discerning senior residents. With its operating partners, the client further strives to ensure the improvement of seniors’ lives
through better nutrition, preventative health care, stimulating activities, innovative design and a focus on safety. The client is proud of its position at the forefront of this all-important evolution which, simply put, makes seniors’ lives better.
The Partner, Development will be responsible for managing the client’s development and renovation projects from the planning stages to completion and will be responsible for the oversight of the entire Development Team.
- Lead a highly capable and experienced team in sourcing and executing Seniors Housing development projects; contribute to a collaborative and passionate team culture to execute successful projects
- Identify and secure sites for development; leverage teams located across the Country while also creating new footprints for the portfolio in growth markets
- Assist in preparing investment presentations for the Client’s Investment Committees
- Represent the client in maintaining and building industry relationships and development partners
- Lead in identifying and reviewing land opportunities, creating conceptual analysis, and drafting LOIs; possess the ability to source new opportunities
- Lead the execution of due diligence for new development opportunities
- Maintain key relationships with local and national contractors to utilize their knowledge and experience regarding construction and specific locations
- Develop appropriate measures to manage development risks
- Manage project budgets and complete periodic reporting as required by company leadership, equity and debt partners, including status updates and budget reconciliations
- Ensure development is completed within approved budget; lead the project as the owner’s representative; oversee development schedule compliance
- Assist the pre-development team with planning, analysis, and budgets
- Oversee periodic project updates, including budgets, schedule, and other applicable specifics to company leadership and investors
- Develop/maintain database of qualified design team members, general contractors, subcontractors, and consultants
- Maintain relevant knowledge of new/quality materials, processes, and methods of construction
- Prepare preliminary Investment Committee materials for presentation to capital partners
- Gain entitlements for development proposal
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate development, or related field
- Relevant experience required with a minimum of 10 years of development management experience, preferably leading multifamily projects
- Proven ability to lead the due diligence, underwriting, visioning, design, development, and full execution of successful development projects
- Exceptional financial acumen and experience working with financial models
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Proven experience building and sustaining relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills using Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- MBA or Master’s in Real Estate, Real Estate Development, or related field preferred