Our client is a multifamily housing investment company that specializes in originating and executing value and opportunity-driven equity investments throughout the U.S. utilizing discretionary multi-investor fund vehicles, separate accounts, and strategic joint ventures on behalf of domestic and global investors, including pensions, foundations, endowments, and family offices.
The Portfolio Analyst will support the team at the asset, portfolio, and fund levels by conducting financial analysis, data collection and processing, and reporting. This person will conduct detailed asset and portfolio analysis, assist with complex domestic and international accounting and tax considerations, and participate in investment decisions. This role provides the right candidate with a meaningful opportunity to make a significant impact within a growing, entrepreneurial, and fast-moving organization and will have high visibility and interaction within various business-critical departments.
• Assist in monthly review of financials, updating Asset Management binders and renovation dashboards, analyzing budget vs actual variances, analyzing income/expense line-items compared to budget, monitoring debt covenants, maintaining adequate escrows for insurance, real estate taxes, forecasting property distributions, and tracking capital expenditures.
• Gather data to assist in the preparation and production of weekly leasing reports, lease renewal reports, market rent reports, and market surveys.
• Requisition monthly for capital expenditure funds, delivering reporting packages to lenders and responding to lender inquiries.
• Assist with property tax payments/appeals and insurance renewals.
• Assist with Fund quarterly reporting in GAAP/IFRS, budget analysis, annual audits, and invoice processing
• Update workpapers and monthly financials for corporate entities, including bank reconciliation and processing payments, tracking of accounts receivable, and billing
• Upkeep of cash management worksheets and debt trackers
• Review and update quarterly investor specific reporting, and capital call/distribution wire forms
• 2-3 years or more work experience in Accounting, Real Estate, and/or Finance
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to be a collaborative team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Self-starter, highly organized, and detail-oriented
• Strong analytical aptitude
• Fluency in Accounting and Microsoft Excel
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or similar field preferred