Our client is a family-owned, Waltham, MA-based owner/ developer with 60 years of success built on relationships and quality assets. Focused and visionary ownership, consistent quality of properties, and decades-long relationships are the solid foundation on which the company, the people, and the properties flourish today. The company fosters a culture that promotes new ideas and gives its employees plenty of opportunities to take on new challenges and grow professionally.
The President will oversee a diverse portfolio of 1.5MM square feet of office space, R&D, medical, industrial, mixed use, and retail commercial properties, along with 500 multi-family residential units. The properties are conveniently located along the Route 128 corridor in Waltham, Burlington, Lexington, and Woburn.
This position strategically drives the direction of the organization as well as being a “hands-on” leader to provide day-to-day management and guidance to key divisional and senior management with regards to leasing, marketing, HR, construction, asset management, property management, and the overall operations of the organization.
A key focus of the role will be leading, promoting, and supporting the successful leasing of these commercial and residential assets as well as oversight for acquisitions and in-house construction and property management divisions that perform tenant buildouts, building and property renovations, and overall management and maintenance of the company assets.
The position requires a passionate and positive leader to advance and execute the company’s strategic plan and vision, along with maintaining excellence in operating standards.
Must possess exceptional leadership and relationship building skills to successfully guide the company’s short and long-term strategic goals for growth and profitability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with all Division Heads, appropriate personnel and third-party partners to maximize leasing revenue.
- Lead, direct, provide oversight and guide the operations across the Commercial, Multi-Family Property, Construction, Corporate and Athletic Club divisions. Work with senior divisional management to establish short and long-term goals and objectives along with engaging and developing team members.
- Responsible for identifying growth opportunities and acquisitions, investments, identification of capital projects to enable the company to continue to grow and expand its property portfolio. Work with appropriate Division Heads to analyze and assess feasibility of opportunities, including revenue and expenses, and value potential of an asset.
- Oversee and work closely with Division Heads as well as Property Managers to continually monitor the physical condition and overall performance of the properties, with a focus on new ideas and strategies to improve profitability and keep assets as competitive as possible in the market.
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, Asset Manager and Division Heads for Commercial and Multi-Family properties, monitor financial performance and operating budgets for each of the entities and takes appropriate actions as needed.
- Oversee the regulatory compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, standards and environmental remediation of a complex, high profile commercial property and be a signatory if necessary.
- Participate and oversee all real estate financing or refinancing decisions and guide the process to successful completion, improving the financial performance of the company. Be a signatory if required.
- Participate in employment decisions and matters for both the Director and Senior Manager level on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior level position with responsibility for oversight of commercial leasing, property management, and identifying new business opportunities for all stages of the process including acquisition and financing.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing all phases of operations for a large portfolio of commercial and multi-family property.
- Proficient in promoting an environment of collaboration and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of cohesiveness across the organization.
- Excellent business and financial acumen, along with a thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all phases of business operations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct teams to manage large scale projects and initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to reach mutual agreements.
- Ability to problem solve and manage several projects.
- Excellent relationship building skills and customer service skills that leads to mutually beneficial internal and external partnerships.
- Proficient computer skills and working experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
The firm requires individuals to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all employees and applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, or veteran status.