Salisbury, MD - may relocate
The President manages the management company platform and sits at the top of the organization, reporting only to a Board of Directors. This person will be responsible for the platform’s success and growth. And will be responsible for developing and execute a strategy for the company vision and overall performance. Oversight of Chief Operating Officer and Chief Revenue Officer and their respective teams. They will guide operations through the executive and regional support structure to oversee hotel operations for the hotel portfolio. This person will examine the current operation and identify areas for improvement, determine best practices, help to set the culture of the organization, grow through third party management. This is a leadership role that will provide guidance and direction in all areas including property maintenance, asset protection, guest service, sales, food and beverage, accounting/budgeting, and human resources.
- Leadership – Provide direction in all facets of the operation. Provide leadership, both internally and externally, to position the company as a market leader. Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis.
- Strategy – Maximize value of existing portfolio. Ensure company utilizes appropriate operating and reporting systems to maximize efficiency and growth. Keep abreast of industry trends to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Assist leaders in successfully growing the portfolio through analysis of acquisitions and disposition strategies.
- Guest Satisfaction – Ensure Company and brand service standards and procedures are followed in hotels throughout the Portfolio. Oversight of operations team to regularly review guest scores to ensure full compliance with Brand requirements and benchmarks. Identify negative trends at the earliest stages to ensure appropriate strategies are implemented.
- Operations – Oversight of all operational areas including rooms, food & beverage and engineering. Help advise on hotel acquisitions / dispositions and develop relevant strategy. Work closely with appropriate corporate personnel including heads of Asset Management, Legal, Human Resources and Finance.
- Human Resources – Oversee HR function. Clearly communicate Company standards and expectations to Executive Leadership. Ensure company policies and procedures are being followed in areas related to employment, discipline and wages. Coach, counsel, resolve conflicts, discipline and terminate as appropriate. Conduct performance reviews and recommend salary increases within Company guidelines for appropriate staff. Approve new hires, promotions, wage increases, bonus and incentive plans.
- Sales/Revenue Management – Oversight of the sales vision and strategy to achieve top line revenue goals. Work with sales teams and develop action steps to improve REVPAR performance. Participate in sales calls and other client communications when necessary and where appropriate. Work in conjunction with the sales and revenue teams on sales goal approval, sales deployment, market strategy, etc.
- Profitability – Responsible for GOP performance, flex and flow through. Monitor portfolio-wide financials to ensure expenses and payroll costs are within budgeted guidelines. Ensure all accounting policies and procedures are being followed and that hotels are in compliance. Oversee implementations of new and improved services to capture more guests and a larger share of the local market. Maintain a working knowledge of relevant trends and best practices in business management and finance, so business opportunities can be identified and capitalized on in the continually changing economic and business environment. Make recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Technology – Determine appropriate CRM’s or other platforms to optimize performance and ensure that all are implemented and being used efficiently.
- Financials / Reporting – Oversight of executive teams in month-end report preparation. Participate in property financial reviews, identifying and responding to critical need areas and trends. Ensure forecasting accuracy top and bottom line. Oversight of hotel budgeting process, in conjunction with company guidelines and directives.
- Life Safety/Risk Management – Oversight of Corporate Risk Management to ensure hotel compliance with all life safety requirements, regulations, policies, practices and activities. Promote culture of workplace safety and accident prevention to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Asset Management – Work closely with Asset Management Teams. Make recommendations on changes and improvements. Analysis of corporate reports and property reports to advise ownership of best strategies.
- Communication – Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines and reaches all levels of associates. Conduct regular scheduled meetings with corporate management and regional staff to communicate strategies, hotel activities, and business plans.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in hotel management.
- Executive level operations experience with hotels of significant size, caliber, Brand and quality. Experience with branded (select service and full service) as well as independent hotels preferred.
- 20+ years of relevant hotel operations experience in a leadership capacity.
- Proven ability to develop and lead strategy.