Our client is the leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science community. The firm owns and operates high-quality life science real estate comprising over 11 million square feet located in the leading innovation markets throughout the United States and United Kingdom, led by Boston-Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, New York and Cambridge U.K. In addition, the firm maintains a premier development platform with over 2 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction to meet the growing demand of the life science industry.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for managing and supporting project activities in the Boston/Cambridge area and other markets on the east coast and should have an interest in growing into a higher level career in real estate development. Responsibilities will include tracking project budgets, projecting cash flows, ensuring design and construction documents comply with project requirements, assisting Project Managers in reviewing and approving design and construction contracts, GMP submittals, bid documents, pay applications, change orders, etc. During construction, provide support to Development Director and/or Project Manager, including oversight of construction activities and execution of small projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Development Director and Project Manager during the overall planning and execution for real estate development projects, including core-shell renovations, interior tenant improvements, entitlements and ground-up construction.
- Attend design and construction project meetings.
- Prepare business plans and related support including project summaries, budgets, schedules, drawings and financial analysis, for review and approval by management.
- Ensure that construction contracts are continually monitored to ensure that each project continues in accordance with the approved plan and that all obligations are met and project requirements are achieved.
- Administer leases and ensure that tenant improvement projects are advancing in a manner consistent with leases. Draft approval letters as required.
- Work with third parties to execute on accessory projects related to larger development projects.
- Work closely with the Development Contracts group throughout the project life-cycle to create project status updates.
- Research and collect market, financial, and cost information.
- Oversee project close-out documentation process to ensure a smooth transition to the company operations and asset management teams including O&M manuals, commissioning records etc.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management, real estate or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience. Experience with commercial real estate development or construction is preferred.
- Understanding of construction cost accounting and reporting processes
- Must be organized and task-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities
- Ability to self-review work, with strong attention to detail
- Proactive with an analytical mindset
- Familiarity with design and construction documents, contracts, leases, budgets and schedules
- Ability to draft and write detailed notes and emails and prepare presentations of adequate quality for distribution to executives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (critical), Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Project