Our client has been in continuous successful operation since its founding in 1879. Headquartered in Holyoke, Massachusetts, the geographic footprint includes offices in Milford, MA, New Haven, CT, Kingston, NY and Aventura, FL. The firm offers a full range of preconstruction and construction management, general contracting, and project planning services for building and heavy/civil work to public and private sector clients.
A collaborative and team-oriented organization, the firm emphasizes the exploration of how to use new technology as well as innovative building techniques and delivery methods that will move the industry forward.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager with a minimum of five years of construction management experience. This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day-to day execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk, and business management of a particular project. He/ she will be responsible for coordinating and leading internal project team, trade partners, and clients throughout the preconstruction, construction, and turnover of the project. This position will lead the efforts in the creation of and adherence to the project timeline, project budget, trade partner contracts and negotiations, and internal and external project reporting.
Management will be of commercial/public projects within the firm’s core markets: institutional, corporate, health care, and commercial buildings. Project manager will report to designated Project Executive and work closely with all members of the project team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage the planning and scheduling of projects.
- Financial management of projects, including responsibility for owner pay applications, cost oversee and manage the field staff/ operations team assigned to a project.
- Complete project buy-out and procurement including scope review and negotiation, issuance of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders, required submittals, delivery tracking and subcontractor and vendor management.
- Reports, Production reports, and Cost & Revenue Projections.
- Monitor construction progress and work collaboratively with the superintendent to resolve any operational issues.
- Collaborate and communicate with preconstruction team, owner, architects, engineers, and trade partners; develop and maintain relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Conduct or represent the company in all project-related meetings and provide all required reports and documentation to ensure all partners are informed of project status and potential issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with other internal departments as required to include BIM, Scheduling, MEP, and Estimating.
- Lead the establishment and implementation of project specific safety goals and ensure compliance.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
In-depth understanding of all major construction methods and procedures.
Management experience including financial, team leadership and negotiation skills.
Strong listening and communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict diplomatically.
Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
Ability to create and support team morale.
A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude.
Education & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Four-year construction related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar construction project management role or related functions plus the willingness to learn and continuously improve processes are required.
- Experience in supervisory role with a demonstrated history of decision-making/problem solving skills are essential.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Procore or similar), accounting cost management software (Sage or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- LEED certification, LEAN certification, CPR/First Aid Training is a plus.