Interested and qualified candidates please submit a resume to Christina Smith | (617) 875-3378 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Project Manager, Development
Our client is the leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science community. The firm owns and operates high-quality life science real estate comprising over 11 million square feet located in the leading innovation markets throughout the United States and United Kingdom, led by Boston-Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, New York, and Cambridge U.K. In addition, the firm maintains a premier development platform with over 2 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction to meet the growing demand of the life science industry.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supporting East Coast Development & Construction projects, including planning, design, communication, coordination, and project resolution to ensure that development project goals are met.
- Provide overall planning and execution for development and construction projects, including core-shell renovations, interior tenant improvements and ground-up construction.
- Prepare business plans and related support including project summaries, budgets, schedules, drawings, and financial analysis, for review and approval by Director.
- Manage the overall project design process. Lead design meetings with the architect, engineer, construction manager, tenant representatives, and company property and facility managers. Ensure that the project schedule is maintained during the design phase, manage the cost estimating process with the construction manager to ensure the design remains within the established budget, and work with the project team to identify and resolve design issues effectively to meet all project requirements.
- Manage the overall project construction process. Lead the weekly on-site project meetings with the construction manager, architect, engineer, tenant representatives, and company property and facility managers. Review the work in place to confirm that it conforms to the design, evaluate, and negotiate construction and design change orders to ensure the project remains within the established budget, and work with the project team to identify and resolve construction issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with the development team’s Sr. Contract Manager throughout the project life cycle to manage all project contractual and financial obligations, including design and construction contracts, construction manager pays requisitions, consultant invoices and contract change orders, job cost reports, and monthly and quarterly accruals.
- Work collaboratively with the leasing team to ensure that all aspects of the project, including budget, schedule, and design, conform to lease commitments.
- Manage the project close-out documentation process to ensure a smooth transition to the company operations and asset management teams
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, real estate development or related field
Experience with lab construction preferred
Understanding of construction cost accounting and reporting processes.
Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Project.
Ability to lead and manage multiple development projects concurrently.
Must be organized and task oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
Ability to analyze and interpret design and construction documents, contracts, budgets, and schedules.
Our client requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.