Qualified candidates, please submit your resume to: Christina Smith | email@example.com
The candidate will be responsible for project management of commercial real estate development and redevelopment projects. The primary initial focus will be on the expansion of our company initiatives throughout New England. More specifically, responsibilities include: managing due diligence, design, permitting and budgeting for proposed development projects; selecting and managing third party consultants; resolving zoning issues; establishing accurate budgets; setting and managing project schedules; negotiating and managing contracts; as well as developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, public officials and various other stake holders. The candidate will report to the Executive Management Team.
Feasibility Analysis and Site Acquisition
· Analyze and review the market, zoning and site information through direct investigation and third-party consultants;
· Assist the Executive Management and Acquisitions teams with identification and procurement of development deals;
· Coordinate design teams;
· Maintain relationships with internal design, estimating and pre-development teams;
· Review and comment on design and construction documents;
· Monitor market conditions and events relative to development projects;
· Manage material and finish selection process.
· Coordinate permitting of new development projects;
· Represent development projects and company publicly - this includes attending and participating in public and private hearings as well as meetings with vendors, consultants and various stakeholders;
· Develop permitting strategies and conduct presentations to zoning and permitting boards for approval;
· Responsible for expediting the project(s) path through complex entitlement processes.
Third Party Consultant Management
· Manage various consultants, including but not limited to design, engineering and outside permitting consultants;
· Work with in-house staff or general contractors through the design process to confirm budgets, schedules and constructability;
· Review consultants’ work for detail and accuracy.
Financial and Schedule Management
· Establish and maintain development budgets and manage the project according to approved budgets;
· Understand and execute financial models and proformas for development projects;
· Develop and maintain comprehensive critical path schedules for development projects.
Coordination of Design during the Pre-Construction Process
· Manage the design process including master-planning, civil engineering, architecture, traffic engineering, geotechnical, environmental, lighting, landscape and graphic design;
· Review contractor requests for information and architects’ supplemental instructions and submittals;
· Coordinate the procurement of furniture, fixtures and equipment;
· Coordinate and facilitate the transition from construction to operations.
Coordination with Existing Operations Staff
· Work with existing operations staff on operating budgets;
· Coordinate transition of development projects to operating staff;
· Work with operations staff to assess opportunities and efficiencies across operations and platforms.
· Interact with joint venture capital partners on all aspects of the development;
· Conduct and/or coordinate research on new zoning regulations, state regulations and state programs that may affect proposed development projects;
· Maintain familiarity with building codes and best practices;
· Interact with attorneys and review legal documentation;
· Comply with all Company policies and procedures;
· Attend public hearings and on-site construction meetings to ensure compliance with created documents;
· Spearhead ad-hoc special projects.
Our client is a New England based, vertically integrated commercial real estate firm. This firm has acquisition, development/re-development, entitlement, construction, leasing, and asset/property management expertise. Our client’s portfolio consists of land, office, R&D/flex, industrial, retail, mixed-use, and self-storage properties, with holdings throughout New England and beyond. The firm continuously strives to be an engaged owner and manager in every project to outperform the market in each asset class. This firm is in the midst of a dedicated acquisition campaign to expand and diversify its real estate holdings.
· 5+ years of experience in real estate development
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (engineering, architecture, finance, development etc.)
· A background in development, permitting, design, engineering or architecture
· Significant experience in developing commercial real estate projects from permitting through all stages and components of the development project process in the New England market;
· Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.