Our client is a publicly traded real estate investment trust that owns and operates a portfolio of high-quality, retail-based properties located primarily in higher growth major markets in the United States including Atlanta, Houston, Phoenix, Raleigh, and Dallas/Fort Worth. Our client also manages Alpine Income Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE: PINE), a publicly traded net lease REIT focused on acquiring and owning single tenant retail properties throughout the United States.
Our client is seeking a property manager to be based in the Atlanta, Georgia MSA. This position will be directly responsible for the operations and maximizing NOI of assigned properties in the Atlanta MSA. This position will also oversee all maintenance, specialty leasing efforts and events at the assigned properties.
Specific duties are expected to include, but not be limited to, performing, or assisting others with the performance of, the following:
- Proactively take steps and make recommendations to improve the fiscal and physical performance of the assigned properties—i.e., reduce open A/R balances, increase revenue, grow rents, optimize operating expenses, analyze troubled tenants, prepare budgets, prepare monthly and annual financial reports, etc., in accordance with NOI objectives.
- Establish meaningful relationships and understand the business of all merchants and tenants by gathering and analyzing information regarding same, take steps based on such information to maximize the profitability of the property.
- Maximize property cash flow by managing CAM and operating costs, identifying, and implementing cost saving programs and, where appropriate, identifying and executing value add opportunities.
- Responsible for properties’ physical plant--i.e., property inspections, bidding contracts, signage approval, make improvements through capital expenditures, ensure safety of property.
- Oversee tenant improvements to ensure they are in accordance with lease, building standards and local code requirements.
- Manage capital expenditure projects in collaboration with construction and/or tenant improvement team.
- Lead and develop (both directly and through dotted line relationships) team members supporting the properties.
- Establish relationships with the local community (residents, community groups, elected officials, businesses, etc.) to advance the strategic plan for the property--i.e., address and follow up on tenant concerns, participate actively in community/HOA meetings& events, etc.
- Assist our clients Marketing Director in developing and implementing a marketing plan for assigned properties and oversee marketing events at assigned properties to enhance consumer experience and drive traffic to the centers.
- Identify and implement ancillary income and sponsorship opportunities that support the property’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with leasing team on tenant selection and lease renewals.
- Work on special projects/ongoing initiatives according to current needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Business or other related field of study.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in retail property management.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, MRI and Avid Exchange.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, monitoring expenses, preparing monthly management and financial reports, and processing accounts payable.
- Previous direct responsibility for negotiating and monitoring maintenance projects and service contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer focus.
- Well-organized with excellent time management skills; meticulous and detail- oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action to address same.
- Highly motivated and able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible; ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment