Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Ellen Haber, Managing Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 917.842.0328
Firm & Position Overview:
Our client is a private real estate investment firm that is integrating a dedicated property management company for its national portfolio of active adult, independent living and traditional multifamily properties. Currently the portfolio is very heavily weighted toward active adult and independent living properties. To date, the portfolio is core and core plus and hence is very focused on current income but one of the objectives is to expand the firm’s operating model to value-add investments and potentially development.
Our client is looking for an astute, determined and highly experienced professional to actively manage the operations of a growing portfolio of investments and help integrate and internalize property management. The position will not only focus on optimizing day-to-day operations but also to drive value creation. The position will require someone that has both operational and financial expertise. The goal will be to create a best-in-class operating model within the firm in order to drive more strategic growth for the company and optimize investor performance. Critical for the role is the candidate’s ability to help build and create an operating model and institutional quality processes and procedures for the management company. This is an opportunity for a candidate to have influence on the development of a best in class operating company.
This individual will collaborate with employees across the firm, and third parties while helping to strictly monitor performance, analyze issues and opportunities as well as recommend value creation strategies and operational improvements. The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for the operation and management of the properties throughout the Northeast and Midwest as well as entry into new markets. They will oversee all operations professionals, including property managers, property administrators, building engineers, leasing agents and on-site personnel. Critical to the success is for the executive to contribute their experience, drive positive changes develop and implement systems and procedures. The position will be based in their corporate headquarters in Radnor, PA, and require travel to properties.
· Manage, with a considerable level of independence, a reginal portfolio of active adult, independent living, and multifamily assets with a focus on long-term durability of cash flow, ensuring low tenant turnover/high occupancy and stable operating costs
· Direct and oversee all aspects of property operations.
· Responsible for building the infrastructure of the property management/operation team.
· Develop and implement operating systems, procedures, and processes.
· Work collaboratively to help internalize property operations within the firm and to build and maintain a best-in- class management company.
· Hire, train and manage Regional Property Managers.
· Inspect assigned properties in accordance with company procedures. Identify deficiencies and correct them in accordance with budget guidelines and established property standards.
· Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, due diligence and closing of each property.
· Collaborate with finance and investment teams to develop strategy, objectives, and performance metrics for each asset.
· Implement and oversee budgets and business plans with property operations staff.
· Participate in monthly Financial Review Meetings.
· Oversee monthly reporting on the performance of each asset. Perform detailed review and present findings to executive management team.
· Oversee construction management process and establish techniques to save costs and improve efficiency.
· Active involvement in oversight of community renovations programs including adherence to scope, schedule, and quality requirements.
· Oversee tenant support processes and establish methods to enhance tenant satisfaction.
· Oversee vendor management process and establish methods to save costs and improve efficiency.
· Perform routine property visits. Ensure all properties are operated and maintained in alignment with Company standards and all applicable laws and regulations.
· Liaise with tenants, vendors, and other key relationships, as appropriate.
· Supervise operations team and attorneys in the negotiation and preparation of leases, contracts and related documents and oversee the pursuit/defense of any disputes or legal action.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
· BA/BS degree highly preferred with a minimum of 10 + years of senior living/multifamily real estate operations/property management experience.
· Strong, positive, motivational leadership skills required. Building and maintaining multiple strong on-site teams is the top priority of the person in this position.
· Ability to drive best practices, procedures day one based on the candidate’s prior experience.
· Strong project management skills, with a ‘hands on’ approach.
· Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
· Strong sense of urgency in completing all tasks will maintaining high quality standards.
· Ability to understand the financial aspects of running a portfolio. Experience with a revenue management program is highly preferred.
· Possess a strong Excel background and general computer skills. Property Management specific software experience of some kind is required. Yardi experience preferred.
· Strong interpersonal/communication skills; ability to develop and ask questions, negotiate acceptable terms with third parties and to make presentations to senior management, investment committee or clients, when necessary
· Strong work ethic.
· Travel throughout the region is required