Interested and Qualified candidates, please submit resume to:
Ellen Haber, Managing Director | email@example.com | 917.842.0328
Our client is looking for an astute, determined and highly experienced professional to actively manage its growing portfolio of investments and help integrate and internalize property management. The position will not only focus on optimizing day-to-day operations but also to drive value creation. The position will require someone that has both operational and financial expertise. The ultimate goal will be to create a best and class asset management and operating model within the firm in order to drive more strategic growth for
the company and optimize investor performance.
This individual will collaborate with employees across the firm, and third parties while helping to strictly monitor performance, analyze issues and opportunities as well as recommend value creation strategies and operational improvements. This executive will also have a key role during acquisitions to help build appropriate pro-forma based on their professional experience as well as the company’s portfolio performance and other observations. Critical to success is for the executive to contribute their experience, drive positive
changes, develop procedures, clearly and effectively communicate feedback on local and macro market risks and opportunities. The successful candidate needs to be able to assess issues, collaborate with the necessary stake holders, develop solutions that are based on sound analysis (both quantitative and qualitative), communicate, and then successfully execute on recommended plans.
• Manage, with a considerable level of independence, a portfolio of active adult, independent living and multifamily assets with a focus on long-term durability of cash flow, ensuring low tenant turnover/high occupancy and stable operating costs.
• Develop annual business plans and work closely with third party and internal portfolio operations managers and well as leasing executives to achieve business plans that are consistent with investment objectives.
• Work collaboratively to help internalize property operations within the firm and to build and maintain a best-in- class management company.
• Review and monitor monthly operating reports of assets versus the annual and monthly business plan performance goals.
• Complete quarterly valuation analyses as well as quarterly investment updates.
• Help expand relationships with strategic operating partners and vendors.
• Assist in training, developing, managing and mentoring of property and asset manager personnel as applicable.
• Understand general trends and individual property markets / submarkets and implement strategies accordingly.
• Monitor loan covenants and, if appropriate, refinance existing loans.
• Responsible for developing and executing property level strategies to enhance and protect asset value.
• Track, analyze and reforecast trends in financial performance of assets in relation to underwritings.
• Oversee performance of third-party and internal property management teams.
• Periodic property visits nationally as required.
Our client is a private real estate investment firm that is integrating a dedicated property management company for its national portfolio of active adult, independent living and traditional multifamily properties. Currently the portfolio is very heavily weighted toward active adult and independent living properties. To date, the portfolio is considered to be core and core plus and hence is very focused on current income but one of the objectives is to expand the firm’s operating model to value-add investments and potentially
• BS/BA and a strong academic record with emphasis on real estate, finance, accounting and/or economics required.
• 15+ years of direct senior living/multifamily real estate asset and operational management experience.
• Strong analytical capabilities with the ability to deal with complex problems in order to reach effective solutions.
• Ability to drive best practices, procedures day 1 based on the candidate’s prior experience.
• Ability to stay relevant on market issues, challenges and opportunities. Effectively communicate them to leadership as well as the property level employees.
• Very good balance of operating, accounting and financial analysis experience.
• Awareness of portfolio objectives and ability to develop and monitor specific plans for individual investments that contributes to these goals.
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills; ability to develop and ask questions, negotiate acceptable terms with third parties and to make presentations to senior management, investment committee or clients, when necessary.
• Strong project management skills, with a ‘hands on’ approach.
• A strong sense of drive and ambition with potential to grow into roles of greater responsibility.
• Ability to work well with internal and external partners and clients.
• Strong sense of accountability.
• Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.