Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney | firstname.lastname@example.org | 401-487-4898
This newly created position of Senior Asset Manager is responsible for the overall operation and performance of a growing portfolio of national multifamily properties, as well as executing other various projects assigned specific to reporting and value-creation. The Senior Asset Manager reports to the Director of Asset Management for Multifamily. This individual will collaborate with employees across the firm, and third parties (joint venture partners, property managers, leasing brokers, attorneys, consultants, tenants, vendors).
· Responsible for developing and executing property level strategies to enhance and protect asset value, meet investment objectives, and oversee key asset management issues of assigned multifamily properties and/or portfolios.
· Prepare and assist with asset reporting, year-end letters, and business plans.
· Review and analyze budgets and cash flows from third party management and oversee adherence throughout the year.
· Track, analyze and reforecast trends in financial performance of assets in relation to underwritings.
· Utilize Business Intelligence platforms to monitor daily activity of the portfolio.
· Maintain updated underwriting proformas for each asset under management.
· Provide input on acquisition underwriting and due diligence and prepare due diligence memos for senior management approval. Provide support for closings of new acquisitions.
· Oversee performance of third-party Property Management teams.
· Monitor local market conditions and implications for asset and investment strategy.
· Manage debt strategy and compliance with debt terms.
· Periodic property visits nationally as required.
· Execute various projects assigned independently and with high standards.
· Handle confidential material and information with discretion.
· Work collaboratively with the entire team.
· Assist in the training of other members of the Multifamily Asset Management team.
· Report directly to the Director of Asset Management – US Multifamily.
Our client is a global investor, developer, and operator with a pervasive regional market network that leverages its diversified capital and operational infrastructure to capitalize on exclusive commercial and residential real estate opportunities. With over 40 years of investing experience, and real estate professionals around the globe, their platform offers unparalleled reach and local expertise. Their team has developed and acquired over 5,000 multifamily units throughout the U.S. with a focus on university driven submarkets in the Northeast, Southeast and Southwest. Within residential their team has a carbon neutral initiative focused on value-creation and sustainability.
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university required; degree in finance, accounting or real estate preferred.
· 5+ years multifamily asset management experience required, with a solid understanding of operating results, valuations, investment returns, acquisition, and development proformas.
· Understanding of multifamily industry (supply/demand, revenue and expense drivers, forecasting, reporting, leasing and marketing).
· Ability to develop strong market knowledge of each asset and overall portfolio.
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines; self-starter with proactive nature.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Highly proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
· Travel within the US required.