Senior Commercial Real Estate Mortgage Banker
Charlotte, NC, Florida and New York, NY
Our client is the sixth-largest commercial bank in the US with deep commercial real estate industry relationships across the country. Their real estate platform is integrated so that they can seamlessly deliver products and services to their clients. The company offers a wide variety of services including commercial banking, asset management, capital markets, commercial real estate, corporate and institutional banking, specialized lending and wealth management. Their commercial real estate team provides bridge/reposition and construction financing for single properties, property portfolios and loan portfolios. Properties include office, multi-family, industrial, self-storage, and more. Their professionalism, long-term client relationships, and successful track record help them develop custom real estate banking solutions for their clients.
The primary function of this position is to deliver customized, complex banking and capital markets solutions to private real estate developers and investors nationwide. The Senior Real Estate Banker is the primary point of contact, responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships as well as developing new primary relationships in order to deliver revenue growth for the line of business.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Responsible for all aspects of client management including driving execution of credit facilities, capital markets transactions, and treasury management services.
- Act as lead point of contact for clients and prospects to grow and deepen client relationships by executing on a defined profitable growth plan.
- Regularly engage with product partners across the bank including Capital Markets, Treasury, Agency, Mortgage Banking and Marketing to in an effort to provide proactive solutions to client needs.
- Employ astute risk management by maintaining satisfactory credit risk standards, risk review assessments, audit results and compliance results.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior line of business management and senior credit risk management for new credit opportunities, portfolio management, and market overviews.
- Engage and be active in various Commercial Real Estate (CRE) industry organizations including, but not limited to, ULI, NAIOP, CREW, RELA, CREFC, and others. Leadership roles are preferred.
- Stay informed on industry developments, trends and competitive data, functioning as an industry expert for Corporate and Investment Group (CIG) CRE and the client.
- Work closely with junior-level teammates to foster and promote professional growth opportunities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field, and specific knowledge/experience with supporting educational background, or equivalent education and related training
- Minimum ten (10), preferred fifteen (15) years of related experience, preferably all in Commercial Real Estate Banking
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills: Formal CRE credit training preferred
- Effective interpersonal communication, marketing, and sales skills
- Proven negotiating ability
- Strong business acumen (i.e., critical thinking and decision making)
- Strong understanding of the Real Estate industry, including deep fundamental understanding of Real Estate development and investment
- Knowledge of accounting, financial, operational, regulatory and information technology systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Competence in Real Estate Finance modeling, including IPL, DCF and Argus