Qualified candidates submit a resume to Christina Smith | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-875-3378
The Senior Construction Manager will act as the owner’s representative, managing all activities associated with the construction of residential projects while adhering to the project schedule, budget, lender and ownership (partner) requirements. You will collaborate with, and possibly manage, other construction management team members and contractors / other partners.
· Coordinate and facilitate general construction activities.
· Assist in preparation of project budget and capital improvement project projections.
· Interface construction group and assist in drawing and specification preparation as well as review pricing and consultant/construction contracts.
· Monitor and review contractors' work as it relates to budget, schedule, and owner’s program.
· Direct activities of architects/engineers.
· Prepare construction updates for the development group and/or ownership.
· Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budget updates, change order reports.
· Implement and monitor the construction permitting process.
· Review working drawings.
· Contract and administer owner-controlled consultants (ADA, acoustics, third-party inspectors, signage, etc.).
· Assist the design team in SD, DD, and CD process.
· Administer change order procedures and contractor progress payments.
· Maintain and monitor the progress of punch lists.
· Control project documentation and historical data regarding construction.
· Assist owner and/or tenants in space planning, budget preparation, material selection, cost estimating, construction contracts and cost monitoring.
· Encourage a safe working environment and reviews all required OSHA and Worker's Compensation safety and accident reports with the General Contractor.
Our client is a privately owned global real estate investment, development and management firm with a presence in 225 cities and 25 countries with $144.1B of assets under management.
The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world and in its 60-year history has developed, redeveloped or acquired over 1,400 properties, totaling over 472M square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246M square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, coupled with a pioneering commitment to sustainability, this platform is one of the largest and most respected real estate organizations on a global scale.
· 10+ years of experience in the capacity of developer’s construction manager and/ or construction manager for a general contractor
· Experience should be mostly in residential development, include all elements of the construction lifecycle, and be well-rounded (e.g., covering both concrete and wood frame)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in civil, architectural, or mechanical engineering; construction management; building construction; or architecture
· Demonstrate understanding and successful application of general construction terminology and processes.
· Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and communicate findings with team.
· Show strong initiative.
· Negotiate and interpret the intent of contract documents and mediate disputes as needed.
· Analyze and interpret various types of data to draw conclusions and solve problems.
· Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy.
· Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies.
· Compose business letters, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, and style.
· Possess excellent communication skills and confidence speaking before an audience.
· Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere among staff and contractors.
· Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
· Perform numerical calculations including surfaces, volumes, weights, and measures.
· Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software.