Our client is a proven leader in the ownership, operation, and redevelopment of high quality real estate in the country's best markets.
The firm is seeking an experienced a Sr. Construction Project Manager with life-science experience join its in-house construction team. The ideal candidate will also have mixed-use experience, including residential, retail, and office. This position will be responsible for management of the day-to-day construction activities for a life science project in the company’s Northeast portfolio. The Sr. Construction Manager will work with an internal team and will have day to day responsibility overseeing the general contractor. This role will have a heavy emphasis on the life science coordination of base building systems and then transition into heavy involvement and coordination of the fit-out work being performed by tenants.
- Responsible for the project cost portion of the proforma
- Establish construction delivery scope and project budgets
- Responsible for contracting, oversight and timely delivery of all work.
- Review schematic, design development & construction document drawings. Perform quality control review and coordination of all design documents.
- Develop preliminary budgets with General Contractor (GC) input
- Coordinate and manage the timely installation of all necessary utility services
- Support GC and Architect in the management of the building permit process.
- Develop Construction Plan with GC (schedule, building sequencing & delivery plan, staging area, fencing plan, erosion control)
- Work with general contractors through the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) process to confirm budgets, schedules, and constructability
- Review, negotiate, analyze, and manage construction contracts and change orders
- Oversee the construction administration of project architects, engineers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Manage weekly Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) job-site meetings
- Review schedule, subcontractor issues with General Contractor’s PM & Superintendent
- Troubleshoot design and construction issues as they arise.
- Manage project submittal, shop drawings, request for information, and exposure logs
- Monitor project progress in the field. Ensure that adequate quality controls and safety processes are in place and being tracked
- Review retail and lab tenant work letters, drawings, matrices.
- Implement, manage and confirm the tenant’s and company’s obligations as detailed in its lease and work letter agreements.
- Coordinate lab fit out work with base building mechanical systems
- Monitor tenant improvement allowance budgets
- Review monthly payment applications, lien waivers, and insurance certificates.
- Process invoices utilizing Federal’s standard operating and filing procedures.
- Maintain monthly budget updates and accounting reports
- Manage the baseline construction schedule and provide detail reports.
- Manage the jurisdiction and owner acceptance process for completed building interiors/exteriors and site construction.
- Secure warranty books & as-built drawings from GC
- Manage GC to secure Certificate of Occupancy & bond releases
- Manage the budget process to close out jobs in timely manner.
- 10 - 15 years of Construction Management experience working for a development and/or construction company with specific project experience in life science. Retail, residential and office construction experience a bonus.
- Experience in structural steel, and concrete required.
- Experience in complex façade types including unitized and stick built curtainwall systems
- Experience in site work, including utilities, storm water management, sediment control, landscaping, hardscape installation.
Experience with LEED certified projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required