Our client is a Munich-based, international investment fund operator and registered advisor to German financial institutions, high-net-worth individuals, and family offices. Since inception, our client has completed over 180 closed-end funds (84 real estate) with a total investment value exceeding $7.2 billion encompassing several alternative investment strategies. The firm started investing in multifamily development in 2004 and currently has eleven (11) projects in various stages. The U.S. platform, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia is responsible for originating, structuring and closing, then monitoring U.S. real estate investments on behalf of their investors. Our client’s current portfolio is primarily focused on Boston, Washington D.C. and Florida institutional markets. In 2018, our client opened a strategic Boston office to assist in the sourcing and monitoring of active investments portfolio-wide.
The Senior Investment Analyst – U.S. Real Estate Funds will work closely with the Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of U.S. Fund Investments and Asset Management to source, maintain and summarize proprietary reports on U.S. Multifamily real estate trends and investments. This individual should be an organized self-starter and a team player. This team is growing in response to their increased investment volume. This position presents an excellent opportunity for growth as the role can be expanded based on individual’s abilities.
• Travel and assist in market research compilations for internal Investment Committee Memos.
• Confirm rental and sale comparable information through site visits and available resources.
• Review and summarize submarkets and key investment highlights for prospective investments.
• Attend to requests for information and data from external and internal clients.
• Responsible for analyzing and creating reports on the local real estate market and regional economy with respect to employment statistics, major company activities, industry trends, and demographics that affect the local real estate market.
• Prepare and present reports to executives and committees.
• Assist with the Investments Department’s due diligence/hosting responsibilities:
o Coordinate Due Diligence with senior development partners and legal teams.
o Spearhead the planning of owner and investor tours of investment markets and other site-specific characteristics.
o Attend to requests for information and data from external and internal clients.
o Ability to create investor tour materials/handouts in Power Point or Adobe, as needed.
o Provide assistance to Munich personnel for necessary client reports and other ad-hoc analysis.
• Assist with the Investments Department’s research responsibilities:
o Develop, implement, and support strategic research plan that aligns with the firm’s business objectives.
o Track and analyze various aspects of the commercial real estate market, including reviewing/manipulating various resources and statistics to compile relevant deal-related or market-related analysis.
o Present compelling trends and analyses to internal teams and clients on a regular basis.
o Serve as a market “expert” with extensive detailed knowledge of the macro and micro factors affecting the market.
o Constantly monitor market research of the respective project portfolio markets and their submarkets.
• Produce periodic status updates on the US Multifamily market for distribution.
• All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, statistics, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials.
• Candidates should have at least 3-5 year(s) of direct real estate industry experience.
• Comfortable communicating with clients, joint venture partners, consultants, brokers, legal professionals.
• Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and as well as Adobe Acrobat.
• Strong comprehension and writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with low supervision.
• Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
• Language: English (Bilingual in German is a plus, but not necessary).