Our client is an international real estate advisor that acquires, develops, and manages properties and places – specializing in mixed-use and office environments in the world’s leading cities. The mission is to create long-term value through global expertise, local knowledge and passion for real estate.
Over the past twenty years, the firm has grown with offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington DC managing approximately 8.6m sq ft of assets.
Our client is looking to hire a highly motivated and collaborative Senior Project Manager to join the US Development team. The initial primary responsibility will be supporting the construction management of the Commonwealth Pier Revitalization. The project includes the complete redevelopment of the historic structure and will deliver 635,000sf of office, 56,000sf of event and meeting space, 45,000sf of retail, and 165,000sf of public space and Harborwalk.
In time, the role will expand to include end-to-end project management of various sized development, capital and tenant improvement projects throughout the North American portfolio, ensuring the high client standards of quality and excellence are achieved. The position is based in Boston and may involve domestic and possibly international travel. Candidates should demonstrate our client’s core values of excellence, respect, collaboration, continuous improvement and integrity.
The role will require candidates to be on site 3-5 days per week and to complete the following tasks for the Commonwealth Pier Revitalization project:
- Supervise and manage consultants for timely and accurate performance on RFI’s, submittals, Addenda, Bulletins, site visits and reporting.
- Monitor and report on construction progress against critical path schedule.
- Scope and financial review of change orders and payment applications.
- Monitor and report on project budget, including utilization of allowances, AAE’s, and contingency.
- Travel for verification of stored materials and equipment testing.
- Participate in meetings as needed (OAC, scheduling, coordination, procurement, etc.).
- Project management of new ground-up developments and large-scale repositioning projects with the understanding of the real estate market demands and our client’s asset strategy.
- End-to-end project management of various sized capital improvement projects including exterior improvements, lobby and common space renovations, turnkey tenant fit outs, resiliency and sustainability initiatives, FF&E upgrades, and other special projects.
- Support development team who are supervising new developments and large-scale repositioning projects with various project management and design management efforts.
- Responsible for engagement and procurement of professional services, construction, budgeting, design and permitting approvals, scheduling, cash forecasting, contract management, construction implementation and closeout.
- Identify key risks, project complexities, timelines and status for the projects undertaken; anticipate, mitigate, and resolve issues that arise during the project.
- Ongoing coordination and collaboration with the asset management teams on project scope, schedule, budget and efforts to minimize impact to the tenants during construction.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to meet project requirements and approvals.
- Manage the process and deliverables of design consultants throughout the design and construction process as well as facilitate communication within the design team to minimize oversights and increase efficiency.
- Use Yardi CM to maintain up-to-date budget, contracts, invoicing and cash forecasting. Provide project reporting as needed.
- Manage feasibility studies for various capital projects.
- Attend consultant and construction meetings as required to provide client input, monitor progress and ensure project requirements are met.
- Review tenant’s fit out design and attend site meetings and inspections to verify proper integration with our client and property standards.
- Assist Acquisitions team with technical due diligence reports and budgeting.
Actively manage projects to ensure schedule, budget, and our client’s standards of quality and excellence are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in related field with 5-10 years of project management experience in commercial real estate, architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Experience in end-to-end delivery of ground-up development projects, large tenant fit out and capital projects is required.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to handle multiple, complex projects.
- Solid understanding of the architectural and engineering design process, building systems, zoning, permitting, commercial construction and real estate development.
- Understanding of sustainability and resiliency industry initiatives and practices.
- Collaborative, proactive work style and exceptional verbal, graphic and written communication skills.
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint as well as Procore.
- Experience with or willingness to become proficient with our client’s software including Yardi CM, SharePoint, and Payscan.