Our client is an investor, operator and developer based in Boston, with regional offices in Metro New York City and Metro Washington D.C. With a strong track record built over 30+ years, our client’s approximately 50-member team constitutes a robust, vertically integrated platform with expertise in acquisitions, development, asset management and property management. The firm’s foundation is based on intellectual curiosity, a fiduciary mindset, and people with a passion for real estate. The investment strategy focuses on select residential, industrial, medical office, lab, and mixed-use investments where the firm can create value, provide increased margins of safety, and maximize risk-adjusted returns. The company’s current investment vehicle, Partners Fund IV, is a $650M fund with 30 percent invested at this time and employs a value-add investment strategy in assets that require leasing, repositioning, and development. The investor base includes the firm’s employees, endowments, foundations, public and private pension funds, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Our client is seeking a Senior Property Manager to work in partnership with the Head of Property Management and the Head of Asset Management. The Manager will be responsible for a 260,000 square foot lab and office building in Boston, MA.
- Manage all building functions: Operations, maintenance, mechanical, financial, administration, tenant relations and engagement, and construction.
- Hire, train, and manage all in-house personnel: administrative, tenant services, mechanical, maintenance, porters, and security.
- Create specifications, bid out, and select 3rd-party service providers. Prepare service contracts and supervise vendors’ work.
- Prepare, execute, and monitor annual asset operating business plans and operating budgets.
- Operate the asset within the parameters of the annual operating plan and budget.
- Responsible for the asset’s accounts receivable, accounts payable, and monthly financial and operational reporting, working with the firm’s accounting department.
- Manage property administration including on-site property office management, tenant and vendor certificates of insurance, and technology needs.
- Manage relationships with the tenant including any issues related to building operations, engagement activities, community service, ESG initiatives, accounting, and construction.
- Coordinate building systems to support lab operations and provide lab-specific services to assist tenant with its needs: HVAC, life safety, redundancy, regulatory reporting.
- Oversee day-to-day construction, in coordination with the firm’s or tenant’s construction management vendors, on all base building and tenant improvement projects.
- Act as liaison between internal construction department, tenant, and general contractors.
- Act as ownership’s on-site leasing representative in coordination with ownership’s or tenant’s 3rd-party leasing representatives as needed.
- Coordinate with asset management, leasing, and construction management personnel from lease commencement to tenant occupancy.
- 6+ plus years of relevant commercial real estate property management experience including operations, tenant services, accounting, and financial expertise.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Industry-related accreditations a plus.
- Must have a broad understanding of building management, construction oversight, facilities management, tenant engagement, and ESG initiatives in commercial lab/office buildings.
- Currently holding a Senior Property Manager or Property Manager position in the commercial real estate industry. Lab experience a plus.
- Display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Multidimensional thinker who moves fluidly between creative problem-solving, critical thinking and strategic thinking.
- Experience in hiring, training, and developing an operational team.
- Self-starter who can work independently and be an effective contributor to the firm.
- High level of integrity and commitment.
- Capable of multi-tasking; balancing multiple objectives to a successful conclusion.
- Highly collaborative by nature.
- Strong mathematical, and written and oral communication skills required as well as an ability to work with a variety of people at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Experienced, hands-on, self-motivated and collaborative professional
- This Manager will operate from the asset. This position reports to, and works closely with, the principals in charge of Property Management and Asset Management for the firm.