Our client is a privately held real estate investment and management company. The family-owned firm has been operating for over eighty years and has assembled a portfolio of properties in multiple states. The portfolio is comprised of multifamily and commercial properties. They are currently operating approximately 6,000 units with additional developments underway including a large parcel of land in South Florida which will include multifamily, commercial, and entertainment properties.
The Special Projects Manager will report directly to executive leadership and will work closely with third party consultants with focus on site due diligence, planning, entitlement, budgeting, and overall management of the development process from inception to stabilization. The Special Projects Manager will join a dynamic team and be crucial in supporting the organization's development projects including project evaluation for new builds, scope assessment for capital projects, design requirements and development of site specific programmatic requirements as well as Project Management and objective evaluation and ongoing direction, ongoing schedule, financial oversight, design and construction management, engagement of architects, engineers and other consultants as necessary and create and oversee standardized development document packages.
- Under the direction of the ownership team, oversee all aspects/phases of development including facilitation of entitlement process, planning & design, procurement, oversight of construction, establishment and/or continuation of the work plan, time frame, staff requirements, and allotment of available resources for various phases of the project.
- Gather and document project requirements and ensure completion of the necessary feasibility studies, designs including resource plans, schedules, and work plans to produce final project plan.
- Coordinate the project team comprised of internal & external resourced professionals to manage the scope, layout, design, and other criteria regarding the project.
- Contractor Procurement and Contracts management.
- Responsible for engagement and procurement of professional services, construction, budgeting, design and permitting approvals, scheduling, cashflow forecasting, construction implementation and closeout.
- Lead the due diligence process. This includes traveling as necessary, participating in site walks, pre-con estimation, coordinating with 3rd party inspectors and contractors, and assistance with the recommendations and corresponding build-out of capital needs plans.
- Oversee contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, tenants, etc. during all phases of the projects.
- Prepare and monitor project-related budgets, proformas, documentation outlining staffing requirements including engagement of consultants and contractors.
- Finance and Lending coordination.
- Additional special projects as assigned.
- 10 -15 years of Project Management and/or Real Estate Development experience
- Bachelors’ or professional degree in related field (Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management) is a plus.
- Experience in Mixed-use development projects, multi-family housing and retail entertainment a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process, building systems, zoning, per-mitting, commercial construction, and real estate development
- Beneficial software experience: Smartsheet, Monday.com, Microsoft Project, Excel, and Bluebeam, AutoCAD, or Revit.
- Registration in Architecture or Engineering would be beneficial.