Interested and Qualified candidates please submit a resume to
Sierra Olney | Sierra@kelleraugusta.com | 401-487-4898 and / or
Kate Keller | Kate@kelleraugusta.com | 617-256-5130
Committed to excellence in both investment performance and operations, the firm was founded over 45 years ago and has earned a reputation for integrity, creativity, and excellence, making it one of the premier real estate investment, development, and management firms in the Eastern United States. Headquartered in Boston and with offices in New York and Pittsburgh, the company has a team of 100+ dedicated professionals who have invested more than $9 billion in gross asset value through real estate equity, debt, and fixed-income securities. A unique combination of capital markets, development and management expertise allows this team to nimbly tackle complex opportunities. Directly, and with its valued partners, our client has owned and managed approximately 28 million square feet of commercial space and 11,000 residential units. The firm invests in life science, multifamily, industrial, storage, office, hospitality, and retail among other property types.
Our client believes their most valuable asset is their people. They strive for excellence in all their pursuits and take pride in maintaining a collaborative and career enhancing experience for their employees.
The Vice President / Senior Vice President, Debt Capital Markets is a direct report to the Chief Financial Officer. This position will lead a team of two (2) finance professionals dedicated to sourcing, structuring, closing, and managing project level debt financings for the Company’s commercial real estate portfolio. Additionally, this position will assist the CFO with sourcing, negotiating and closing fund level subscription lines of credit, managing interest rate risk across the portfolio and conducting ad hoc projects. Types of financings include acquisition, construction, and permanent loans, but could also include subscription debt, TIF financing and tax credit equity financings.
This individual will work to enhance the ecosystem of our client’s credit relationships to capitalize on their robust pipeline of development projects and value-added investments often working through innovative transaction structures to secure the best economics for the company. The Vice President / Senior Vice President, Debt Capital Markets will also partner internally with the finance, development, operations, legal, and risk teams on revenue forecasting, strategy, business planning, and operational requirements.
Our client is seeking a proactive individual with strong analytical and organizational skills with experience in debt financing and capital markets. This position will have primary responsibility for long term financial strategy and planning and financing activities of the firm’s investments.
• Manage the execution of property-specific financings for real estate properties from preparation of initial financing package to souring lenders, negotiating term sheets and loan documents to final closing.
• Maintain and cultivate existing credit provider relationships across all lender types including – commercial banks, investment banks, alternative lenders, etc.
• Source, develop and underwrite new relationships, funding sources and deal partners through outreach including but not limited to calls and face-to-face meetings to explain company history, investment strategies and opportunities.
• Execute loan on-boarding, including but not limited to loan abstracting of reporting due dates, covenant test dates and compliance forms.
• Act as the primary point of contact for and respond to all lender loan compliance requests, including ad-hoc requests for information and property tours.
• Actively oversee the loan covenant tracking system to ensure the timely submission of asset and fund level reports.
• Manage internal loan portfolio reporting and analytics to senior management team and key stakeholders.
• Oversee and manage post-closing loan amendments, extensions, etc., working in conjunction with the asset management, legal and accounting teams.
• Assist with debt diversification and risk management related to interest rate and resource exposure.
• Act as a trusted advisor to CFO on all matters of finance and debt capital markets across the firm.
• Ensure investment returns and strategy are being realized, in partnership with the CFO and management team, including determining, tracking, and reporting on appropriate metrics for measuring financial productivity.
• Contribute to board and executive level presentations to guide business strategy decisioning and reporting.
• Participate in strategic planning with senior management to set financial goals, as well as the company’s strategic agenda.
• Participate in investment, valuation, and risk management processes, including but not limited to weekly investment committee meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA/ M.S. or other relevant Advanced Degree preferred.
• Fifteen (15) + years of commercial real estate investment and finance experience, preferably working with properties in excess of $25mm in value across multiple asset types including lab/life science, office, residential and industrial.
• Eight (8) + years of hands-on management experience; demonstrated experience managing high performing teams in entrepreneurial companies.
• Ability to creatively structure complex loan structures and to close high volume of financing transactions
• Must be an incredibly driven self-starter with exceptional presentation and communication skills.
• Experience underwriting and valuing commercial real estate investments using discounted cash flow, direct capitalization, and sale comparable methodologies.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including commitment to follow-up on open issues, meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
• Flexibility to deal with multiple projects simultaneously while working independently.
• Knowledge of and interest in U.S. capital markets.
• Honesty, integrity, and maturity are paramount, as are excellent written and oral communication skills in order to be effective in a changing, growing, entrepreneurial organization.