Our client is a leading commercial real estate development firm, having successfully acquired, developed, re-positioned and/or entitled and managed over five million square feet of real estate. Focused on high quality, mixed-use development assets in leading gateway markets, with a strong emphasis on creative place making and value add approaches to real estate, our client is among the top tier of real estate development and management firms in the New England market.
The Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation.
This position provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the Chief Financial Officer. This person is directly responsible for leading Employee Relations and indirectly responsible for all employees within the organization.
• Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision.
• Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
• Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
• Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
• Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation, and benefits.
• Manage internal communications and events in partnership with the administration team.
• Oversee payroll, pay equity and 401k administration
• Be responsible for implementation of all new regulations regarding employment in the states in which the company operates.
• Bachelor’s Degree and ten plus years of relevant HR experience.
• SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and results-oriented individual
• Strong project management skills, specifically organization and time management
• Ability to communicate and work with employees at different levels across multiple divisions.