Our client is a dedicated property services management company that serves commercial and residential properties in gateway cities throughout the United States. With its focus on personalized service, premium amenities, environmental sustainability, and proactive relationship management, they employ the latest technologies and a concierge-like approach to property management in order to foster an elevated tenant experience across approximately 15.8 million square feet of real estate in the Greater Boston, New York, San Francisco Bay, South Florida, Southern California, and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
Vice President, you will assist senior management and work alongside the deal team in various aspects of industrial development and acquisitions in the East Coast region. This may include site feasibility, underwriting, entitlements, design, financing, construction, marketing, lease up, meeting with contractors and vendors, and dispositions of industrial/logistics real estate.
- Acting as an Owner’s representative, maintain communication and interface with all relevant parties including public agencies, community groups, and joint venture partners.
- Provide overall support to the deal team in managing broad aspects of project development, including feasibility, finance, zoning/land use, design, construction, and leasing.
- Assemble and manage all members of a development project team, including all the clients support personnel.
- Analyze and review the market, zoning and site information through direct investigation and third-party consultants.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive critical path schedules for development projects.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive project budgets in conjunction with project team and track ongoing project financial performance.
- Support project equity and debt activities. Oversee project funding and disbursement requirements in conjunction with project accountants.
- Gain entitlements for development proposal through governmental agencies, working with community groups and local constituencies.
- Assist in the coordination of design professionals (civil, architect, etc.) and the development of necessary materials for every stage of the process, from initial conceptual layouts to construction drawings and specifications.
- Interact with contractors and vendors.
- Partner with senior management and interact extensively with the real estate community.
- 8+years of direct real estate experience in development management, construction management, architectural, and/or engineering background is preferred. Industrial experience is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of primary aspects of industrial/logistics real estate is required.
- Experience and/or interest in sourcing development and acquisition new business opportunities.
- Familiarity with the entitlement process and zoning related matters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use discretion and a high level of professionalism
- Critical thinking
- Customer service oriented
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize duties